Negative complaints/reviews

ryansmemom

[quote name='HeatherInFlorida']I guess I am either very lucky, MBeam, or totally oblivious:) and that's possible. When I'm on a cruise (except for one specific instance) I have not been anywhere near this. And most important, never at our table. I guess we're just blessed or I tune it out:D .

But here on CC it's quite another story.[/quote]My guess is that, by your approach to conversation you are good at stopping it before it happens or that you do have the ability to tune it out.

I can't recall any cruise, except perhaps on the Staten Island Ferry, where a serious case of gloomy gus has not surfaced; usually on a tender or a shorex. Only had one at our table, but the good news was that he requested a new table on Day #2. That was on the Ryndam during its trouble free Maiden Voyage when all was perfect...except his food, the room temperature, the sound level in the show lounge, the color of the decor in the dining room lobby, the accent of the asst waiter, the wilted lettuce in the Lido Deck salad, no Rocky Roads ice cream, etc. And we heard it all on the first night out. [He was travelling alone. Figures.]

In more than 20 cruises we have only had one bad experience with a crashing bore at our table.

This guy was to much to be believed..He preferred to go to "Vegas" and he only drinks the best "chard" or "Zin" or "cab", could not understand why they did not serve caviar anytime he wanted it. Well, you know the type.

The best part of the whole fiasco was that he and his wife had parked their car in the lot near pier 35 in San Francisco, and told the guy they would be back on Monday to pick it up. This was a positioning cruise from San Francisco, and ended in Vancouver. He had not made any airline reservations or other transportation plans. He thought he was returning to SF on the same ship. When we told him the cruise ended up in Vancouver hes was speechless. We never saw him again on the cruise. :D

[quote name='aaerobear']In more than 20 cruises we have only had one bad experience with a crashing bore at our table.

This guy was to much to be believed..He preferred to go to "Vegas" and he only drinks the best "chard" or "Zin" or "cab", could not understand why they did not serve caviar anytime he wanted it. Well, you know the type.

The best part of the whole fiasco was that he and his wife had parked their car in the lot near pier 35 in San Francisco, and told the guy they would be back on Monday to pick it up. This was a positioning cruise from San Francisco, and ended in Vancouver. He had not made any airline reservations or other transportation plans. He thought he was returning to SF on the same ship. When we told him the cruise ended up in Vancouver hes was speechless. We never saw him again on the cruise. :D[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]It pays to do your homework!;) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived