Carnival Miracle-Belize Cave Tubing

You might want to try posting on the Belize ports of call page or searching there if you have not done so already. We went cavetubing last October with Coral Breeze. It cost $118 for my husband and myself to go. This included a very yummy lunch once we were done tubing. I would suggest going with a private company. There were roughly 16 people in our group....compared to around 200 or more in the Carnival group.

We went on the Miracle last month and went with Reggie (regtour.com) this was our second trip to Belize and our 2nd trip with Reggie's cave tubing. His services cant be beat, his hospitality is great and he gives you a nice tour of the city and you can get a great chicken bbq lunch for an extra $5, for the cave tubing it is $45/pp and then you can tip on your own discretion.

I woiuld def. recommend his tour.

We learned the Port Authority charges tour operators (including Carnival) $10 a head for the privilege of collecting passengers at the dock. That's a waste of money, IMHO.

We took the 50 yard walk through the shopping mall and met Yhony outside the doors of the port, where he was waiting for us. He is the main man at c a v e - t u b i n g . c o m.

We had a great time, small group, enthusiastic and vocal guides. The ship tours fire the guides if they speak their minds... our guide gladly told us how crooked the local politicians are... very entertaining. Plus we got to sample some Cashew wine (not for the faint of heart.)

We had a great time and I highly recommend them!! Best price I know of, too ($45 cash, and only have to pay if you survive ;) )

We learned the Port Authority charges tour operators (including Carnival) $10 a head for the privilege of collecting passengers at the dock. That's a waste of money, IMHO.

We took the 50 yard walk through the shopping mall and met Yhony outside the doors of the port, where he was waiting for us. He is the main man at c a v e - t u b i n g . c o m.

We had a great time, small group, enthusiastic and vocal guides. The ship tours fire the guides if they speak their minds... our guide gladly told us how crooked the local politicians are... very entertaining. Plus we got to sample some Cashew wine (not for the faint of heart.)

We had a great time and I highly recommend them!! Best price I know of, too ($45 cash, and only have to pay if you survive ;) )

I agree with this....cave-tubing was awsome!! :)

We went with Xtreme and had a great time. To the OP definantly go with a private operator. They are smaller groups and better tours. As you can see there are many to choose from. Definantly enjoy the lunch after. I don't know if it's cuz you are starving after but it was some of the best food I had ever eaten. Great local beer to. It was a warm day and a cold beer tasted really good.

We used cave-tubing.com and had a great time. Yhonny is very entertaining and we did two caves instead of the one all other tours did. It was $45 each and then $5 for lunch on the way back. Also, make sure you try the cashew wine! Have fun!.:D

We also went with Reggie and we thought he and his crew did a great job! Depending on the water conditions, it is more enjoyable and comfortable knowing that you are in a small group and your guide is keeping an eye on each member of your party which is what you get with a private excursion. I agree with all other posters that a private excursion is the way to go.

And don't worry about getting back to the ship in time. That is their bread and butter so they are not going to do anything to risk a bad experience that would be passed on to others.

Loved cave-tubing.com!!!! Junior was a riot and I got to eat termites....what else could you ask for! :)

Better excursion, longer excursion and definitely a day to remember.

I would also call it a SAFER excursion. While Yhonny's people (cave-tubing.com) ensured we were always together and young kids taken care of, the Carnival excursion just dumped the people in the water and let them fend for themselves.

I ate the termites as well. They were actually tasty. They had a distinct minty flavor to them.

Okay everyone out there.. Does or has anyone had any worries about getting back to the ship on time doing the combo excursion?

How long is the excursion and does it leave any time for shopping?

TIA.

Shanda

We need help!!! What is the cheapest cave tubing in Belize?

Also, what are some other options for excursions in Belize and the prices?

Thanks

I booked with them for my Miracle 06/25 sailing. $45 per person along with a city tour. Look them up. I have read so many nice things about Yhony and his tour. I have been emailing him to keep in touch before the cruise. Always responds in a timely manner. Seem very nice ... doesn't hurt to look them up. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Okay everyone out there.. Does or has anyone had any worries about getting back to the ship on time doing the combo excursion?

How long is the excursion and does it leave any time for shopping?

TIA.

Shanda

Does anyone have an answer to this question, I am curious about it myself.:cool:

From what I remember , when we were there, there wasn't much shopping. Just at the pier where they tender you into. That could have changed since it was 2003 when we did Belize.

I took the Ship excursion, and we did not have 200 people, as has been posted. We were not dumped, but went in smaller groups of 20 or so, with a guide in the front and one in the back.

We had a nice air conditioned bus to and from.

We also had a great lunch at a local bar, with local beer.

My only complaint was the very small restroom.

Archived