Playa Uvas

rscima

#1 Does anyone know if you purchase a package that includes lunch, can you substitue something of an equal or lower price for the fajitas?

you can substitue the fajitas for fish filet or cheese/chicken quesadillas or chicken tacos or club sandwich or cheese humburguer

#2. How much is it to rent towels? Thanks for anyones help!

towel day use $3.00 + $5.00 deposit

saludos!

eduardo

After several weeks of reading the cruise critic tips, we finally arrived to Cozumel, last week, and docked at Punta Langosta. It was a rainy day.... like the sun wanted to peek, but there were too many rain clouds.. so we headed to Uvas and decided that even with the rain, we would make it an experience, and it was; we had a great time! We were met by Carmen - Uvas is prettier than I imagined it to be, and I liked the the color of the water - metallic blue, on such a cloudy day. I'm sure now that if we'd gone someplace else that did not have the clear kayaking, the snorkeling and the massage, it would have been a total waste of our day. But that didn't happen at Uvas! We had no sun, but we had LOTS of fun! Mi DH and I reserved the all-inclusive package, we were assigned a locker (which I didn't use and forgot to return the key :o , sorry Carmen)... we got towels and we met Christian, our guide. Raphael our waiter took us to the beach loungers, which because of our early arrival, and being a cloudy day, were almost empty - there were only 4 more couples. He offered us non-alcoholic drinks, as you cannot drink alcohol before the tours . First we did the kayak tour, and then the snorkeling... there was a little bit of a wind factor, so Christian had to tug us the majority of the tour ;) . Also, I thought the water was going to be cold, like it is in California, but it was very comfortable. After the kayaking, and the swimming, my DH went back for more snorkeling, as right in the front beach there's fish. It was enough for me so I headed for a relaxing massage with Luz, and what a delight! Luz is an expert, I recommend you all get a massage from her.... wow! After the massage, I had to drag my DH from the water to go to the restaurant where we had the fajitas, and my DH, not being a great fan of Mexican food, ordered the Fish Filet. My DH is a good dancer, so, with all the margaritas from the open bar, we decided to give it a try, after all that good food - dance SALSA!!!! there were other couples on the dance floor too, the ones that reserved the same package as we had. I was hoping that after Uvas we could go downtown shopping, but the day just slipped away; I still bought some stuff from Sole :D . After that, we just picked up our stuff, said good bye to Carmen and the staff (my DH tipped them well :rolleyes: ), and returned to the ship in one of the taxis parked outside Uvas. So, whether it rains or shines, Uvas is the place to be! and that's the truth! Thanks Eduardo, Carmen, Christian, Raphael, Luz, and all the staff for a wonderful day!

Dumb questions, but here goes.Dumb question#1 Does anyone know if you purchase a package that includes lunch, can you substitue something of an equal or lower price for the fajatis? #2. How much is it to rent towels? Thanks for anyones help!

I am also interested in that....I am not into snorkeling or kayaks and am thinking to just rent the chairs and get the drink and then order what I want from menu *probably seafood?? shrimp?

Is there a price list of how much it costs to rent one locker?? etc? a la carte?

I would send a reservation for chair etc...would like to get a massage and hang out at Playa Uvas, just not into fajitas as I can get pretty good ones here, would prefer something else

thanks

I am also interested in that....I am not into snorkeling or kayaks and am thinking to just rent the chairs and get the drink and then order what I want from menu *probably seafood?? shrimp?

Is there a price list of how much it costs to rent one locker?? etc? a la carte?

I would send a reservation for chair etc...would like to get a massage and hang out at Playa Uvas, just not into fajitas as I can get pretty good ones here, would prefer something else

thanks

Towels are $3 for the day...with a $5 deposit, returnable when you return the towel.

You can substitute something else (see above post) for the fajitas...fish filet or cheese/chicken quesadillas or chicken tacos or club sandwich or cheese hamburger.

There is also an "ala carte" menu, if you decide to stay for lunch and didn't purchase "lunch included" admission.

Have fun!

this place sounds perfect for me & dw b/c we like to snorkel. the ? i need to know is how rocky is the beach to do some waving in the ocean i'm be with a group of 6 and thats all they want to do. plus home reasonable are there beer & drink prices . we'll be there the next week so any info would be great. thanks

Based on the great reviews, I am choosing Playa Uvas too. My wife and 2 late-teen girls want the massage. Do people generally wait until they get there to reserve the massage, or can you reserve a time in advance to be guaranteed? With three people - even a 30 minute massage will entail 1.5 hours of massage and my kids would be bummed if one could not get it.

Thanks!

Based on the great reviews, I am choosing Playa Uvas too. My wife and 2 late-teen girls want the massage. Do people generally wait until they get there to reserve the massage, or can you reserve a time in advance to be guaranteed? With three people - even a 30 minute massage will entail 1.5 hours of massage and my kids would be bummed if one could not get it.

Thanks!

Definately book a reservation ahead of your arrival. The word on Luz is getting out there and it would be a bummer to show up and be out-of-luck.

Even my regular massage therapist (whom I've used weekly for 20 years) is having a "Luz massage" when she travels with me in two weeks!

Have a great time at Playa Uvas!

this place sounds perfect for me & dw b/c we like to snorkel. the ? i need to know is how rocky is the beach to do some waving in the ocean i'm be with a group of 6 and thats all they want to do. plus home reasonable are there beer & drink prices . we'll be there the next week so any info would be great. thanks

I had no problems getting into and out of the water because of rocks...and I'm a 52 yr. old, voluptuous woman (young at heart, slightly older other places).

However...if you have aqua sox bring them along. There are some rocks along the shoreline, with sand between them. Step carefully and you'll have no problem since the water is clear and you can see where you're stepping. I'm bringing some older (than me!) folks along on my next visit. They all have the aqua sox just to make things easier for them.

About the beer & drink prices...consider the current Playa Uvas offers (<-- click for Playa Uvas price list):

AUV-12

Playa Uvas Full Open Bar Offer

includes:

Open bar (domestic coke, sprite, juice, water bottle, beer, rum, tequila margaritas, daiquiris etc)

adult us$17.00, children under 12 years $12.00

There are many different packages offered on the above link. Check it out!

Thanks for the quick response, StirCrzy. We'll probably end up going there, but we don't have big drinkers in our group, so we'll just pay for our drinks as we go and just pay the entrance fee.

Thanks again.

Stircrazy, I can't seem to get the info you had in your message to come up on the prices at playa uvas. Wondered if other people were having the same problem. Will be in Cosumel on the 1st and this place sounds like a great place to go. Interested in getting prices. Can't even get it to come up on their web site. Thanks, Nancy

Thanks for the quick response, StirCrzy. We'll probably end up going there, but we don't have big drinkers in our group, so we'll just pay for our drinks as we go and just pay the entrance fee.

Thanks again.

I hear you! I don't drink alcohol, so I just picked a package that included lunch, soft drinks and bottled water, and snorkle gear.

Don't forget that Eduardo (<-- email link) will customize a package to suit your group's needs!

Stircrazy, I can't seem to get the info you had in your message to come up on the prices at playa uvas. Wondered if other people were having the same problem. Will be in Cosumel on the 1st and this place sounds like a great place to go. Interested in getting prices. Can't even get it to come up on their web site. Thanks, Nancy

Nancy,

I don't know where the problem lies. I have no problem getting the .pdf to show up.

Do you have Adobe Reader installed? If so, you may need an update.

WOW, this has really sold me on going to playa uvas

This will be my 1st cruise in April. My wife and I will arrive at Cozumel on April 26th. 9:00 am til 6:00 pm ship time. (Is this 8-6 Cozumel Time?)

i am planning on renting a car and driving around the island, stopping at our leisure, but after seeing this topic, playa uvas sounds incredible and i am sure we both will enjoy it.my wife will love the jewelry and the relaxing atmosphere

I would like to possibly do my island sight seeing in the early morning for a couple hours, then arrive at playa uvas around lunchtime or a little before to enjoy the rest of my time there before turning in the car and heading back to the pier..

is this recommended?

I would be just getting the lunch & open bar package. Maybe a massage for my wife.

WOW, this has really sold me on going to playa uvas

This will be my 1st cruise in April. My wife and I will arrive at Cozumel on April 26th. 9:00 am til 6:00 pm ship time. (Is this 8-6 Cozumel Time?)

i am planning on renting a car and driving around the island, stopping at our leisure, but after seeing this topic, playa uvas sounds incredible and i am sure we both will enjoy it.my wife will love the jewelry and the relaxing atmosphere

I would like to possibly do my island sight seeing in the early morning for a couple hours, then arrive at playa uvas around lunchtime or a little before to enjoy the rest of my time there before turning in the car and heading back to the pier..

is this recommended?

I would be just getting the lunch & open bar package. Maybe a massage for my wife.

Sounds like a plan!

You can drive across the Island and see the gorgeous views on the "Wild" side of Cozumel, stop by El Cedral, stop by Playa Uvas and enjoy the amenities, and then do your shopping by the piers after you drop off your vehicle.

Have a great time!

Stircrzy, after looking at your pictures, i already jumped the gun and reserved with Eduardo! He was lightening quick at responding to questions and we made reservations for around 11:30 ish for the open bar/lunch package =), im probably going to rush around the island so i can get to uvas as early as possible lol.

The pictures of Uvas show a pool. The pool looks a bit small. Does anyone actually take a dip in the pool? Perhaps a silly question but is it "freshwater" or saltwater in the pool? (While I like sitting on the sand and snorkeling in the surf, sometimes a nice dip in a pool is refreshing on a warm day.)

...Alot of parents just don't realize that ship pools, small resort pools, etc are NOT like their YMCA at home (ie, heavy chlorine, extra filtration and full time pool people to maintain the swim with baby pools)...I have read that some parents bring a little blow up pool, or one of those little yellow "duckie" plastic baths, and put that on balcony, or even in an out of way area on the deck of the ship and that seems to be a good option, plus of course the OCEAN :)

I am one of those people that didn't realize that the pools weren't the same as they are here in the states with tons of chlorine and filtration. I didn't take my kids to resorts when they were in diapers, but that's good to know anyway. I also like the idea of the blow up pool. It certainly doesn't take up that much space in the luggage and I think that it would be better for the babies, too. They don't need to be exposed to anything in the water, either :D

The pictures of Uvas show a pool. The pool looks a bit small. Does anyone actually take a dip in the pool? Perhaps a silly question but is it "freshwater" or saltwater in the pool? (While I like sitting on the sand and snorkeling in the surf, sometimes a nice dip in a pool is refreshing on a warm day.)

The pool is fresh water. The dimensions are approximately 23 Ft long, 13 ft wide, and the depth varies from 3 feet to 5 feet to the deep end at 7 ft.

For safety and sanitation reasons, children who are in swim diapers or are not potty trained are not allowed in the pool.

I was at Uva's in December and had a wonderful time. I have finally uploaded pictures of Uva's to my photo sharing site. To access the photos click on where it says all photo album in my signature then click on Playa Uvas -Cozumel.

We did the clear kayak tour while we were there. It was pouring down rail during the toue so visibility was not very good but we still had a great time. We shopped for jewelry and my sister and I both bought matching necklace and earring sets. I would go bac to Uvas just to shop for jewelry.

We did not get massages from Luz but I hope to get one next time around. Our time at Uvas was very ralaxing and fun and I recommend it as a great place to spend the day.