I was told By an NCL rep. that most returning cruisers book inside cabins.

fdk71265

My wife and I took 2 cruises with Ncl and had mid-ship oceanview picture window rooms. I called to inquire about another cruise and the inside cabin mid-ship was about $842.00 for 2 people. While the oceanview room was $1252.00 the difference is one is 5 ft. away across the hall on the same deck. The Ncl rep said that 65% of returning cruisers don't book window or balcony they book inside cabins because you spend so little time there. Is this true? I love the window but 400 bucks to spend on fun and drinks is 400 bucks to spend. I would like to hear from people who book only inside after having outside cabins or people to talk about what the inside is like without a view of daylight. Thanks

We like inside cabins for a variety of reasons. The rooms stay dark in the morning. The money saved pays for our tips, drinks, and extras. There is less rocking in the middle of the ship.

We only are in the room to sleep, shower, and change. We never lounge in the room. We always look for a shady spot on the deck or promenade to watch the waves go by.

Hi,

Have Been On The Majesty 3 Times W/ A Window On Deck 7.... Which Is The Promenade..you Usually Have The Drapes Pulled So Might As Well Be Inside... So This Oct We Booked An Inside On Deck 7 So I'll Let You Know How It Goes... We Did Do A 10 Day On A Balcony Last Oct On Rccl...it Was Great But Wouldn't Do A Balcony All The Time...i Think You Spend Too Much Time There And Miss Out On Some Things Going On Up On The Deck.....

What is your secret to getting to know the upgrade fairy? If you don't mind telling, that is. We called NCL the other day to see if there would be any upgrades possible and the rep was very quick to reply NO. We were late in purchasing the our cruise (reserved last week for a 7/16 departure) and were told that there were only inside rooms left by the TA. We're happy just to be sailing on the Spirit, but thought that it wouldn't hurt calling NCL just the same. Any insight would be appreciated.:)

On my first 2 cruises I had a balcony stateroom.

Last week we had our first interior.

We'll NEVER book an interior again.

I have never had an inside but can understang what you mean. I looked at one once while on board and it creeped me out with no windows. Reminds me of being in a closet.

Archived