Do you think that Silversea will have 50% savings in 2005???

cruisinsince75

We did the Silver Whisper this year and loved it. We have another cruise booked for this year that we are obligated to, but would rather be going on Silversea. We are hooked.

Do you think they will continue some of their great deals into 2005???

We sure hope so.

Don

There are already deals being offered for 2005, but one thing you might consider is booking now and keeping an eye on prices. When I called them and asked about "repricing" they said that if a cruise were subsequently reduced then they would re-price. My agent knew nothing of this - but I'm not suprised as it's difficult to find knowledgeable ta's in the uk compared to what I see in the US. Silversea don't OFFER it but they will reprice on request, I guess this is the most "business like" approach to the issue of people not wanting to book way in advance in case prices drop.

Booking way in advance only seems to be sensible if you have a particular cruise you know you want (and want to have the pick of the suite crop) as against the idea of the itinerary being second to the depth of the discount. If the discount is more important then it may be better to wait.

I am given to understand that Radisson have a similar policy(unwritten) of repricing upon request.

However,more realistic brochure prices might be beneficial to both the Cruise Company,and prospective passengers.

Given the size,and quality,of entry level suites on the luxury lines,a guarantee basis can prove to be very good value,unless,as you say,one wants a particular category/location.

I am given to understand that Radisson have a similar policy(unwritten) of repricing upon request.

However,more realistic brochure prices might be beneficial to both the Cruise Company,and prospective passengers.

Given the size,and quality,of entry level suites on the luxury lines,a guarantee basis can prove to be very good value,unless,as you say,one wants a particular category/location.

I understand the point but I think I disagree. Silversea have a slim margin by many accounts because the quality ie costs are high and the ships small. In the current environment they've taken a hit on customer volumes. I'd hate them to change the product permanently ie reduce list prices for what may be a relatively temporary . I think the brochure price is realistic given the product and see reductions as a bonus or the opportunity to travel more often. Changing list prices changes the products and the customer set - changing discounts preserves the product and is tactical. I think they're spot on.

Archived