Question re: being picked up at Port Liberty

karensi

My friend and I are sailing on the Zenith in July. We will be dropped off and picked up by family as we live nearby. My question is;how does the pick up go when being picked up by private car instead of taxi? Will my friends daughter follow the taxi signs? Is there a clear marking of where to go ( the driver) to pick up passengers? We have never left from Port Liberty before and although we feel the drop off will be smooth, we dont want to be waiting in one spot to be picked up after the cruise and have my friends daughter in another area. TIA, Karen

As I remember it, you pretty much get picked up the same place where you are dropped off. You should discuss and arrange the spot for pick-up when they are dropping you off.

BTW, I lived a number of years in Westerleigh and in Dongan Hills.:)

Hi Karen - The port at Cape Liberty can look like a maze, but it's pretty easy to navigate. Once you turn in an clear the security booth, you basically drive straight ahead as far as you can possibly go, then follow the road around making 2 lefts. Along the way, you will see your ship and you will be tempted to turn, but don't. There are some signs along the way, but it could be clearer and people can get confused. Basically, you just follow the rest of the traffic.

Finding your car to get picked up can be crazy, as the pick up area is small and gets congested easily. I suggest you agree to move down away from the terminal and the parking area, and having cell phones to keep in contact will be a big help. The sooner you disembark the better to avoid the rush. Hope that helps.

Archived