Why won't Celebrity fix their ships

florida_cruiser

So should the question than be "Why doesn't the Hotel Director take responsibility for fixing the hotel" :confused:

I find it quite sad that the quality of the Celebrity product is declining. They used to be on my "special occasion" cruising list but now, I would think twice after reading the many threads and also after my personal experience on Mercury, my only disappointing experience with X.

I think the HDs have their hands full with their day to day tasks on board. And I wonder how much input they actually have to corporate?

I know that I left a message for the HD on Mercury after a very disquieting experience with the Senior Housekeeper who raised her voice to my 75 YO mother and accused her of requesting an extra book of Elite coupons (incredibly rude) when she never got any at all. The message was returned by the Loyalty Ambassador who apologized profusely.

• 3 weeks later...
Until Celebrity is blasted with your lack of booking they will continue to provide an inferior product. Service on board is great. Service department prior to cruising is very helpful. Service department post cruise is non existent.

Lack of post cruise service and the physical condition of their ships is definitely a problem Celebrity should seek to overturn. They will be shredded in the press with regard to sailing with a known mechanical problem on their millenium ships when the Summit class action suit hits - and it will.

Well put FirstCelebrityCruiser! Celebrity appears to be run by the "bean counters" who are only looking out for the bottom line. They just patch-up the M-Class ships and send them back out until the next breakdown. The people who really need to be aware of this on going Celebrity problem would be are guests from overseas, who spend a lot of money to take a once in a life time cruise that may skip half the Itineary or may be cancelled altogether.

They just patch-up the M-Class ships and send them back out until the next breakdown. The people who really need to be aware of this on going Celebrity problem would be are guests from overseas, who spend a lot of money to take a once in a life time cruise that may skip half the Itineary or may be cancelled altogether.

Millennium and Constellation are also overseas to North American cruisers in the Summer time. I believe one of the Mediterranean cruises was affected a couple of years ago due to the pod problem.

However I had a B2B cruise on Infinity to Hawaii cancelled a few years back and Celebrity took care of me to my satisfaction... My money back and two free cruises.:D I have been a faithful (almost) X-cruiser ever since.

C 2 C,

Sounds like Celebrity came through and treated you fairly on you cancelled cruises. I guess the trick is to be booked on the next cruise after a breakdown of a Celebrity ship. I unfortunately timed it wrong and was on the Summit May 7 cruise which skipped over half the Itinerary and Celebrity "made up" for it by giving me $100 and a worthless 30% FCC coupon. Which, of course, is going to make me an

ex X-cruiser in the future.

Archived