Caribbean Princess obstructed view cabin

poppycat

I have cabin E512 obstructed view. Originally was going to take an inside cabin, but thought for the extra I would like some daylight. I read in a review that someone had cabin E510 and didn't like it because of the noise from below. Anyone else stayed in this cabin or near this cabin and what their thoughts were. I'm thinking about upgrading to a balcony, but really wanted to use the money for excursions. Anyone have any thoughts?

Has anyone stayed in the obstructed view cabins on the Caribbean Princess on the Emerald deck over Club Fusion? Did you find it noisy? I don't mind the obstructed view. There is also the possibility that I will be moved before sailing too by Princess. I can't decide to spend the extra money for a balcony. I'm not sailing until October, but I just put my deposit on the obstructed view and would rather change now if need be. I'd appreciate any input.

I have been on Princess 3x's and each time I was able to get the same cabin# which I selected.

I was in cabin 418 Emerald deck the first time as was surprised to see that I was able to look out the window and only see a small portion of the lifeboat. Which is the smaller leader boat.

After that cruise when I booked my second and third on I picked the same cabin#'s on the Emerald deck. We had 2 cabins and I picked E414 & 418. Two great view rooms. Check and see what I mean..especially about the small leader boat.

P.S. very quiet room too...So far, the Carribean Princess had the best food, plenty of seafood which I love.

Cruzmama59

• 1 month later...
I have cabin E512 obstructed view. Originally was going to take an inside cabin, but thought for the extra I would like some daylight. I read in a review that someone had cabin E510 and didn't like it because of the noise from below. Anyone else stayed in this cabin or near this cabin and what their thoughts were. I'm thinking about upgrading to a balcony, but really wanted to use the money for excursions. Anyone have any thoughts?

We had E717 right over cClub Fusion and did not hear a thing. :) We had lots of day light:) and a clear view becuase our only obstructoin was some metal work and platform having to do with the life boats nearby. We like that we were only one deck up from promenade deck lots happening.:) Every once a while we saw a worker on the platform but only a couple times.

• 8 years later...

hi poppycat - sorry to bother you - but yours is the only review I can see that refers to cabin £512 caribbean princess and the obstructed view. Can you remember if it was as bad as you were feared. I am about to book as it is the only left but would love a second opinion. regards mandy

hi poppycat - sorry to bother you - but yours is the only review I can see that refers to cabin £512 caribbean princess and the obstructed view. Can you remember if it was as bad as you were feared. I am about to book as it is the only left but would love a second opinion. regards mandy

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You have asked a question on a thread that is 9 years old. The OP, poppycat, has not visited CC for 19 months. If you go over to the Princess board here at CC, under Cruise Lines P-Z, you will find a member with a site that has views from various obstructed view cabins on Grand Class ships. EM