Summit Suite 9096 - help!

We are on Summit Suite 9096 in December and have heard that it is a really noisy cabin for no reason. Does anyone have any experience with this cabin? Any suggestions? I am taking my mom and do not want her trip to be ruined.

As an FYI - all of the suites are taken and we can not change cabins,

thanks for any info you have!

Desiree

Our friends had 9096 on Constellation... They did notice some noise... but not enough to ruin anything... at all...

The Cabins on deck 9 are right below the running deck ... so, if your listening for it... you'll hear it... I was in cabin 9069 on connie...... and I heard noise... but it truely didn't bother me.

Oh My! We were in that for 2 VERY LONG WEEKS, April 9th. Change your cruise. Do something, the noise is horrible, and goes on all night. No one can resolve the problem, and frankly they did not care. The assistant head housekeeper came to visit us several time and she is actually quiting Celebrity after 11 years. She was as bother by this problem as we were.

The furniture is faded, worn, and the carpet has cigarette burns, plus it is done in ORANGE!

I looked at the concierge class cabins down from us, and they were nicer than this mess.

Also, no one on either side could figure out where the noise was coming from. Again, only at night, and in the bedroom....

Celebrity is supposed to give us a 20% off coupon, and I wouldn't use it if it was 100% off. It has never showed up. Surprised???

Our friends had 9096 on Constellation... They did notice some noise... but not enough to ruin anything... at all...

The Cabins on deck 9 are right below the running deck ... so, if your listening for it... you'll hear it... I was in cabin 9069 on connie...... and I heard noise... but it truely didn't bother me.

Let me add, the running deck is over the living room, and people do not run at night, the middle of the night. The noise is in the bedroom, not the living room. Seriously, I would not wish this on anyone. It may just be this cabin on this ship, I do not know, but it was not normal noise.

We were in CS9096 on Infinity and yes, there was noise. Not enough to ruin our cruise but enough that we would not book that suite again. We figured it was coming from the grill above on the pool deck. Even though we had the best Butler in the world (IMHO) in 9096, we booked CS7138 on our last cruise and there was no noise at all. I would hate to see you cancel as not everyone notices or hears noises in the same way, however, felt I should warn you.

Hi,

I must call your attention to the poster who noted that everyone 'hears' noises differently. How very true. Some are bothered by the least little chirp, while others sleep soundly through a loud clanging/banging. I'm sure this is the case in this suite.

We have NOT been in 9096, but were in 9098, the cabin next door. It was very quiet. However, I would never book 9098 again, ever, not on any M-class vessel. But the reasons were not for noise. While it is a Concierge Class stateroom, it has the most microscopic veranda on the ship — and looks right into the living room of 9096!

Be advised, that with the arrangement of the veranda of 9098 and the glass wall of the living room of 9096, there is very little privacy for either stateroom when the curtains in that area are opened. Robes are advised ;)

We certainly wish you well for your cruise and hope you enjoy every moment of it. If concerned about noise, take along some comfortable silicon ear plugs and have a ball with your suite.

CM

Hi,

IWe have NOT been in 9096, but were in 9098, the cabin next door., I would never book 9098 again, ever, not on any M-class vessel. But the reasons were not for noise. While it is a Concierge Class stateroom, it has the most microscopic veranda on the ship — and looks right into the living room of 9096!

CM

I think you must have the cabin number wrong, 9098 is a Celebrity Suite also.

Hi,

I must call your attention to the poster who noted that everyone 'hears' noises differently. How very true. Some are bothered by the least little chirp, while others sleep soundly through a loud clanging/banging. I'm sure this is the case in this suite.

We have NOT been in 9096, but were in 9098, the cabin next door. It was very quiet. However, I would never book 9098 again, ever, not on any M-class vessel. But the reasons were not for noise. While it is a Concierge Class stateroom, it has the most microscopic veranda on the ship — and looks right into the living room of 9096!

Be advised, that with the arrangement of the veranda of 9098 and the glass wall of the living room of 9096, there is very little privacy for either stateroom when the curtains in that area are opened. Robes are advised ;)

We certainly wish you well for your cruise and hope you enjoy every moment of it. If concerned about noise, take along some comfortable silicon ear plugs and have a ball with your suite.

CM

Like I have said MANY times, my husband spoke to the people on each side of us, and they did not have any noise problems. If you have not been in this cabin, then it is hard to agree or disagree with the fantom night noises. They are there, and unless you are totally passed out from drinking all night, you will not sleep.

Hi,

Thanks for the reminder.... Yes, I wrote the wrong number. It was stateroom 9094. Shoulda checked the deck plan map I keep on my desk. :o

Guess we've been on too many sailings to rely on the ol' memory. :o Mea culpa.

Still...., there were NO issues with noise for us.

CM

I was on Millennium in 9094 and there was noise! I wasn't awakened by the noise so much at night but was bothered by it in the morning. It sounded like carts rolling; I just looked at the deck plans and I am convinced that the noise is the automatic sliding glass doors. I didn't even think of that until just now but that explains the rolling sound.

OP- I don't think it is something that will ruin your cruise.

CruiseLover20- I would like to clarify that the running deck IS NOT ABOVE THESE CABINS. The jogging track is on the Sunrise deck which is above the Resort deck which is above the Sky deck.

We were in 9096 on Constellation last month.

There were some very strange noises in the cabin but it didn't bother us too much. Interestingly, the noise was louder in the late afternoon and early evening. It didn't stop us sleeping or enjoying the cruise though! :)

Julie Jean

• 7 years later...

Here it is May 2014 and we just got back from a cruise to Bermuda in cabin 9096 and 8 years later that horrible noise is still above in that cabin. I called the head of housekeeping and he said to call back when I heard it. I wasn't about to call at 4 am and have them come down. Same noises, rolling carts heavy footed walking. If you are a light sleeper avoid this suite.