LIVE From 6/4 Freedom of the Seas - Add your thoughts here & WIN PRIZES

Internet service is slow but everything else here is great, no crowding at all, in fact it has more room than any ship so far for us. We did Chops last night and missed the Quest:mad: , but the food was worth it. Service is outstanding and so are the beds, I sleep like a baby! I am so busy very little time to post, more to follow when I am home.

Rob,

They actually have 10 soft ice cream machines but knew you were coming so they took them all down but one for this cruise.

I can not believe that I know a celebrity now.

Wish I was there...tell Janelle a big Ahoy from me.

Terry

Hello everyone, and my good friend Terry!!! Hey Terry, we thought about you today in Grand Cayman, we saw a little license plate with your name on it and wondered if we should get it for you -- well, we didn't, LOL

We were in Grand Cayman today, been there before and not too excited to get up early, tendering went great from what I heard, done with the tendering tickets within 1 hour of starting -- pretty good.

BAD experiance at Chops last night - we're not going back. 3.5 hours for dinner, GREAT food, but BAD service. Had to ask for water refill, soda, butter, waited several minutes after we were done with each course for the plates to be cleared, not a good experiance. We had planned on going again on Friday, but NO.

The dinning room staff has a new parade!! It's on Surf Dinner - Wed. You will love it.

For A Clean Shave, prices start at $42 and go up from there, don't know if you need an appt, but I would guess you would if you want a certian time, but I have seen guys in there just waiting too.

Can't answer questions about the spa, haven't been there.

Quest is not new, just a lot of fun when everyone know what was going on, we all added some excitment to the whole thing!!!

Hope I answered everyone's questions, if not sorry. Oh yeah, don't know about On Air either, may go there later tonight. The Love and Marriage show is tonight, that is always good!!!

There are a lot of us who are disappointed that there isn't much about this being the Maiden Voyage - nothing really exciting, no real send off when we left, no real gifts or anything in the gift shop, a lot about this being the first "season" but nothing special for this voyage - so far wouldn't go another Maiden Voyage again (was more $$$ for this sailing) so not worth the extra $$ -- so far, we'll see, maybe something will change. Now, that being said, we are all still having a GREAT time. Jamaica tomorrow!!!

Heading to the Love and Marriage Show - that one's always good too.

thanks for all the onboard live posts..I heard a rumor Emmy and her DH:D have gotten so famous they are being interviewed all the time..guess that's why I haven't seen them post today:p lol

looking forward to enjoying the rest of the cruise through the inspiring words of those there~

how unfair that is. Takes forever for time to pass to board & then ZSOON the time flies as you are having a great time. So unfair!!!!!

Still no meaningful rememberance of being the test rats for the cruise? Not even a certificate, if not an engraved plate as Princess gave out for theirs before Carnival.

Ok, has anyone been to On Air? I need input and pictures of On Air. Is it Karaoke 24 - 7 there? Are there private booths? What are the specifics? Thanks guys and I am glad to hear everyone is having a blast!!

I went there on saturday, they seperated karoke/sports bar into this area it is quite nice I got one picture of it, here it is, there were tv's everywhere so if you are into watching sports you wont miss anything

2802643250070984257QMIvmE_ph.jpg

2607113910070984257zcgsRH_th.jpg

I went there on saturday, they seperated karoke/sports bar into this area it is quite nice I got one picture of it, here it is, there were tv's everywhere so if you are into watching sports you wont miss anything

2802643250070984257QMIvmE_ph.jpg

2607113910070984257zcgsRH_th.jpg

Thanks!!! How were the song selections? I noticed on past cruises that the song selections were limited, not too many songs to choose from. What about now?

LOVE the Quest and can't wait to check out the new and improved version!

Sorry to hear about your Chops experience, Rob. I have so much fun in the main dining room that I hate to go to another for dinner.

Thanks to all,

Mary

DW and I have been on several cruises and have never had the urge to try out the specialty restuarants..we like getting to know our tablemates in the main late dining, and feel why pay the additional expense when you have 5 star dinging every night in the main dining room. Then only exception to that, was on the Caribbean Princess..have you tried their Seafood Extravaganza?? We had lobster, crab and shrimp on the balcony for hors dourves~ by the time we got to main dining we were so full we barely touched our meals..guess that really isn't an exception because we still went to the main dining room~

anyone heard from Emmy and Rick? I'm sure they are having so much fun right now, and knowing Emmy she will post the most incredible review on this cruise, noone is as thorough as Emmy.

I met some very good friends at my table in the dining room and have had some great memories while dining in the dining room. I am going on Freedom in November with those same friends and can't wait to see what new crazy memories we will create.

Bug, Intothevoid - Nope, you're not alone! My best friend and I have such a blast in the dining room that I'd be really bummed to miss it!! Our wait staff is always so fun and we have an awesome time with them.

:) mary

Hi there,

My DH and I always go to Chops and Portofino. However, this was only until recently. A very dear friend of mine suggestion we try it and now we are hooked. The food and service is exceptional. We have made some wonderful tablemate friends too. But they understood and the wait staff did too. We still tipped as if we were in the dining room the whole week or two.

Everyone is different. But maybe try one out, I believe on the first night it's half price. So that may be a great time go to try either restaurant.

The most important thing is to have a great time while on board.

Happy sailing everyone!

Peggy

Hi there,

The most important thing is to have a great time while on board.

Happy sailing everyone!

Peggy

Yes I totally agree the most important thing is to have fun regardless of where you eat and what you do. After all it is your vacation.

Yes I totally agree the most important thing is to have fun regardless of where you eat and what you do. After all it is your vacation.

Yepper, that's the plan.

I see you are going in November, we are going on Freedom in January. I originally had a cabin on this inaugural but I cancelled it, a trip to Alaska with a good friend came up and I couldn't do both so close together. We leave for Alaska next week. I figured by the time I get to cruise on the Freedom all the kinks will be worked out. We are going on Liberty too, next Labor day.

Have a great time when you sail on Freedom.

Take care,

Peggy

Hi Peggy!!! Long time no read. :) I hope everything is going great with you and your family!

Hi Chris,

Everything is just peachy!

How are you and Kat doing these days?

Peggy

Yepper, that's the plan.

I see you are going in November, we are going on Freedom in January. I originally had a cabin on this inaugural but I cancelled it, a trip to Alaska with a good friend came up and I couldn't do both so close together. We leave for Alaska next week. I figured by the time I get to cruise on the Freedom all the kinks will be worked out. We are going on Liberty too, next Labor day.

Have a great time when you sail on Freedom.

Take care,

Peggy

Hey believe me if it was up to me all of my vacations would be spent on cruising. Alaska sounds really cool, a friend of mine is on an Alaskan cruise as we speak.

The funny thing about my Freedom cruise is that I originaly booked it soon after my last cruise last September, something came up where I had to cancel it. I was so bummed out, I mean I have friends going on this cruise that I rarely see so I was so bummed that I was not going to be able to see them. Well a few months later things changed and I was able to rebook my cruise the only thing was that I lost the Balcony that I had originally so I had to stick with an Oceanview, hey I didn't care as long as I was back on the cruise. Well my TA searched everyday till a Balcony opened up and finally one did and BAM!!! I jumped all over it. So I am back on my November cruise and I have a Balcony once again, so yes I am a happy cruiser once again.:D

I hope you have a blast on your Alaskan Cruise.

Hi Chris,

Everything is just peachy!

How are you and Kat doing these days?

Peggy

Glad to hear it! Kat & I are doing fine. We just keep getting fatter and sassyer (sp?) everyday. lol It's good to hear from you again! :)

Archived