LIVE From 6/4 Freedom of the Seas - Add your thoughts here & WIN PRIZES

Skiiergirl- This is for ALL you LUCKY passengers onboard the FOS who will be "going into the history books" this afternoon and who have been posting so "religiously" on this thread so that ALL of us "landlubbers" can go with you "IN SPIRIT" during your journey; THANKS for ALL your EXCITED posts. I have 2 friends that I met while on the Carnival Glory back in Nov. 15th,2003 that will be sailing with you this afternoon. HOPE you will have the wind at your back and SMOOTH waters and BON VOYAGE and HOPE to hear from anyone using the Internet cafe` or their notebook computers during your FUN sailing.

Yes, this post it coming, Live, onboard, Freedom of the Seas. We made it on board -- I can't believe it's finally here. The ship is beautiful!!! Everything is overwhelming right now, so much to see.

We got on board about 11:30 am, we got here about 10:30 am and dropped off the luggage, but my sister had to take the rental car back. We were able to walk right up to the counter and check in, then off to the ship. No waiting at all. Walked on and was in ahhhh. We did a quick trip down the Royal Promenade (not a lot of shops open) and saw some fellow Cruise Critic members. Sister, Janelle, got a soda card, it came with a new Freedom of the Seas cup, not just a Coke cup. Then up to the Windjammer for lunch. Had a quick lunch and then off to explore, after making reservation at Chops. It’s great, we went and saw the flowrider, the H2O Zone, the two pools, the shipshape center, spa, everything (well not everything yet). Then off to the room to check it out. We are on Deck 6, with several other Cruise Critic members and the room is very nice. First thing I had to do was check out the new bedding – it’s VERY nice and VERY soft – much better then before. Also, the towels are so nice too – don’t know if they got a new brand or upgraded towels, or they are nice because they are new. Anyway, the room is very nice.

Well, now it’s off to do more exploring (or take a quick nap).

Talk to everyone soon!!!

hey Socercoch you are the first to post live from the FOS!!! If you see my friends Rick and Emmy give them a great big hug for me and tell them to have a blast..

btw..I'm from Sacto area also and my duaghters have played soccer for years..they played in Folsom. also went ot Folsom high School..oldest played comp with San juan, youngest played club with folsom and varsity at FHS..

SocerCoch (Rob): THANKS SO MUCH for posting from FOS. I SURE HOPE you or other CC's members with digital cameras will post photos while onboard here so those LESS FORTUNATE "can travel the high seas" with you??!! I am VERY HAPPY for all of you able to "go down in history" today and the upcoming week just wish my body was able to join all of you on FOS. *sigh* HOPE LOTS of people will post during your cruise?? BON VOYAGE!!

:) We are here!!!!!!!!! Parking, check in, reservations for Chops and Portofino, lunch in the Windjammer, setting up a Wi-Fi account, and getting into our cabins all took less than an hour. Anyone worried about RCCL not being on their game yet can rest assured it's smooth as butter. This ship is awsome! The fitness center is huge, the kids pool is really cool too. My four year old's eyes looked like fried eggs when she saw it. The crew seems to be excited too. They are falling over themselves to help. I've seen a sea of Pink Boas and shirts (my pink speedo is in my luggage) everywhere I've gone.

That's it for now, gotta go find out about the kids programs.

Kenny

:D You lucky dogs on fos. My wife and I with her twin sister will be on fos next week at this time. I am hoping to find out first had from someone on board how the sofa beds are on fos grand suite style. As my sister in law will be sleeping on it and she is worried that it is like radience and it was more like a futton. Please any positive word would be great. I to will be watching from the wachovia webcam if it is working a few minutest ago it must have been overloaded with us fos well wishers.:eek:

I SURE HOPE you or other CC's members with digital cameras will post photos while onboard here so those LESS FORTUNATE "can travel the high seas" with you??!! I am VERY HAPPY for all of you able to "go down in history" today and the upcoming week just wish my body was able to join all of you on FOS. *sigh* HOPE LOTS of people will post during your cruise?? BON VOYAGE!!

OK, just uploaded todays pictures, here is the link;

http://community.webshots.com/user/CruzinRob

Heading to do the "Boad Drill" now.

Enjoy!!!

thanks for the pics. we leave next sunday - june 11. can't wait. are the overhanging whirlpools for 18 and above? sorry no caps broken arm - typing with one finger but no matter - i am so excited - have a great trip - let us know how montego bay is - the only destination we haven't been - we book the 2 person river rafting excursion - if anyone goes please let us know how it is

have a great time:) :) :D :D

I'm sitting on my balcony watching Freedom sail away. It is one amazing ship.

Here's the trick with flowrider for those of you afraid of wiping out (like I was). Keep the board pointed straight ahead and then angle from side to side. You can then go to the side of the pool and get out by standing up -- not wiping out in the back.

It is also fun to watch the staff "control" the length of your ride. Once you've been on for a minute or two, they will start "coaching" you how to get on your knees and then you will wipe out!

Have fun. I had a great rush with it (and rode it twice.) Let me know if you want my pics of me on it.

Yes, this post it coming, Live, onboard, Freedom of the Seas. We made it on board -- I can't believe it's finally here. The ship is beautiful!!! Everything is overwhelming right now, so much to see.

We got on board about 11:30 am, we got here about 10:30 am and dropped off the luggage, but my sister had to take the rental car back. We were able to walk right up to the counter and check in, then off to the ship. No waiting at all. Walked on and was in ahhhh. We did a quick trip down the Royal Promenade (not a lot of shops open) and saw some fellow Cruise Critic members. Sister, Janelle, got a soda card, it came with a new Freedom of the Seas cup, not just a Coke cup. Then up to the Windjammer for lunch. Had a quick lunch and then off to explore, after making reservation at Chops. It’s great, we went and saw the flowrider, the H2O Zone, the two pools, the shipshape center, spa, everything (well not everything yet). Then off to the room to check it out. We are on Deck 6, with several other Cruise Critic members and the room is very nice. First thing I had to do was check out the new bedding – it’s VERY nice and VERY soft – much better then before. Also, the towels are so nice too – don’t know if they got a new brand or upgraded towels, or they are nice because they are new. Anyway, the room is very nice.

Well, now it’s off to do more exploring (or take a quick nap).

Talk to everyone soon!!!

Question: How did you board so early? :confused: The information I have says not to arrive before 2pm (we leave on the 6/18 sailing). I'd LOVE to get onboard early like you did and hit the flowrider. We've got reservations from Firday night the 16th through the morning of the 18th at the Fountaine Bleau, but figured we'd have to waste time until 2pm.

We're Crown and Anchor members if that helps get on early... :confused:

Just wanted to say thanks for the onboard insights...though I was able to sample the ship on a two-nighter in mid-May, it's just not the same thing. And I have to say -- the enthusiasm, particularly from folks like Emmy et al. about the trip -- offer an added frission and I'm happy to be an observer (though gosh would love to be onboard with you all).:)

Please keep us posted....

Carolyn

Question: How did you board so early? :confused: The information I have says not to arrive before 2pm (we

We're Crown and Anchor members if that helps get on early... :confused:

All you have to do is show up early. Kat & I are almost always onboard by noon or soon thereafter. Just show up early and get in line. The lines would prefer you not come that early because usually the rooms, ect, aren't ready. But they will still process you and put you onboard earlier than 2pm. PLUS, you got to remember, on this cruise, the first one, there weren't that many people trying to get off while you get on so no doubt that speeded things up a bit. If your Platinum or higher you get priority boarding also.

Ok this is my only request, I want some in depth reporting on the On Air, the Karaoke bar. I want to know if it is a nice size, I want to know if the song selections are cool. Also can someone please find out if you can bring your own CD to sing from? I heard that there are private booths as well can you look into that for me? Oh and some nice pics of On Air, THANKS A BUNCH!!!

All you have to do is show up early. Kat & I are almost always onboard by noon or soon thereafter. Just show up early and get in line. The lines would prefer you not come that early because usually the rooms, ect, aren't ready. But they will still process you and put you onboard earlier than 2pm. PLUS, you got to remember, on this cruise, the first one, there weren't that many people trying to get off while you get on so no doubt that speeded things up a bit. If your Platinum or higher you get priority boarding also.

PERFECT. I'm sure my wife and I will be up late doing up the town in South Beach on Saturday nite, so we'll sleep in, have a nice breakfast, check out and head over to Freedom around 11 or so. :cool:

Thank you for all your wonderful post! You guys are making me want to board now! We still have 89 days more to go! Keep up the good updates! Thank you for taking the time to keep us filled in on the maiden voyage! Have a drink for us! :)

Archived