Internet cafe prices

tejmar

In the past, it's been

(a) .75 per minute

(b) .50/minute in a 100-minute package

© .40/minute in a 200-minute package

Compose what you want to say somewhere else, log on, type like crazy, log off fast.

Just returned from the Maasdam. Prices were a little different.

Everyone is charged a 3.95 log on fee. Then it is one of three plans; 1. Pay as you go .75/min, 2. $55.00 for 100 minutes and $100 for 250 minutes. They run specials at the end of the week and if you purchase on day one there is an additional bonus on the packages.

Connection was excellant and the manager was quite good!

The lowest I have ever seen on any ship was RCL Mariner of Seas at a flat 50 cents per minute with NO first time logon fee. It was a fast connection and so easy to use this way. The did have packages for less per min. but I'm not on a cruise to live by a computer to get out my 250 min.!!!!!!

I think you can pretty much rule out HAL giving you anything "FREE" once you set foot on board. There might be deals and steals but no freebies unless you are talking about ice cream which some ships do have the gaul to charge you for it, Princess being one of them so I guess they can afford to give you free suite internet service since all the rooms below a suite are paying double for ice cream. Oh, wait, I think HAL does give you free fruit in your stateroom if you ask for it! And then there is those "free" after dinner mints and ginger , or is that already included in your ticket price?

You do get an amount of free internet time on HAL, as Dieter says. It might only be the first day (and I don't remember if I had it last year). It's not much, but it's ten minutes more I had before I got onboard.

At those prices I don't think that I will be using that service. I currently pay $5/month for internet service and I can't justify paying 50 cents/minute. We're taking a 3 week cruise to Hawaii on the Veendam and I thought that I might send an email or two to my daughters while we were over the open waters and out of cell phone range. But, I got along just fine without the internet for most of my life so I think I can go without it for 3 weeks. Anyway, thanks again for the information.

One of the first things we realized on the cruise was that there were cheap internet cafe's in every port. We won't waste the $$ paying those huge rates to be on line on the ship.

And if you can find a public libarary in port it's FREE! I always do the internet cafes in ports over using the ships service. It would have to be a near emergency before I would pay 75 cents per min. (plus that darn $3.95 fee).

If I get the itch to log on while at sea, I just go to a bar and spend the same amount and then forget my urge after a few stiff drinks.

Good idea, I'm sure there are libraries in Hawaii. If I need to check something on the web I can do that, but as I said, I was really interested in sending emails to my daughters when we would be out of cell phone range. Once we make it to Hawaii we will have cell coverage again. Still, I think the library idea is pretty good. Thanks.

One of the first things we realized on the cruise was that there were cheap internet cafe's in every port. We won't waste the $$ paying those huge rates to be on line on the ship.

Lots of Internet Cafes in Mexican ports. Went to a real nice one in Puerto Vallarta - air conditioned 30 minutes of high speed internet for $3 and that included a CROISSANT and a CUP OF COFFEE ! ! :D

Archived