Celebrity cabin debate: aft 7203 vs. 8046

cruisingDA

Hi folks:

On the millenium (or similar celebrity ship), would you pick the slightly oversized corner balcony 8046 or the big ol' aft balcony of 7203? We are doing a 12 day med. cruise.

One trick - my partner has never cruised before and has been known to be car sick. How bad is the rocking in the mediterranean in an aft room?

I appreciate your help folks!

• 3 weeks later...

Did a cruise on the Infinity in February and have a cruise booked on the Summit in August. My two cents would be if you can snag that aft cabin number 7203 don't walk - but run to you TA and book it!

Sorry I can't help with the rocking in the aft, but if this is any help I always get a bit seasick and I just take seasick pills, the nondrowsy version.

There may be photo's on these suites - go into www.cruisedeckplans.com and check.

Another suggestion would be to go into past threads that have been on this itinerary and post the question there.

Have a great cruise on X.

Katie

• 1 month later...

Hi - We stayed in 7206 on The Summit last January to Hawaii and what a fabulous aft cabin! The balcony is probably 20X10 and just wonderful. Below you will be the Penthouse cabins. As for motion, I cannot say that we had much. I am positive you will never regret booking that cabin. Enjoy!! It's a gem of a cabin.

• 1 year later...

We just returned from the Mille 5/5/08 and had cabins 8046 and 8048.

The was a large metal (I'm told this is the painting apparatus) structure secured right off the balcony in 8048 which really obstructed the view aft. :( Really bothersome for guests in 8048 and they let guest relations know. After three days they offered 8048 a move but since we booked together and had already settled in we declined. If I did not have the larger balcony 8046 I would of complained. Can't see paying extra for CC and then have the view ruined. Don't know if it is always like this but heads up. Didn't let it affect the great time we had and we have alredy booked again, just selected a different cabin. :D

We have sailed on the Millie in the Med and had a wonderful smooth trip, even around the Greek Isles. We were aft and didn't notice a thing to worry about.

Celebrity buys BONINE by the ton and if you'll need it just ask for it at the Purser's Desk. It doesn't have side affects and usually does the trick. If the seas are the least bit undulating they will have a basket on the desk for you to take. The gift shop will also have potions.

Enjoy your cruise. Friends just got back yesterday and they had as good a time as we did!!!

• 2 months later...

we are booked in 8046 for Millenium Celebrity cruise at the end of August. My husband is an avid photographer and that is why we went for the larger balcony at no extra cost. Was it a problem to take photos?

Archived