Well - I've been bitten ...

Well ...here I am on the home stretch onboard the Pacific Star (only 2 days to go) and beginning to get cold. Still having a great time - been well and truly bitten by the cruising bug - so much that I have just book the Christmas Cruise for 2007 aboard the Pacific Sun for hubby, kids and myself.!!!!Have been writing a progressive review but its that big I'll have to do it in stages - don't get home until next monday and then am away with work so it might be at least a week before I send it in. Also taken lots and lots and lots of photos which I will put up in my webshots album for you all.Cheers Rach

Glad to hear you are having such a great time Rach. Look forward to hearing all about it! There have been several people watching your changing itinerary with interest assuming you must have been affected by the earthquake of Tonga.

I didn't know you could book on board! Did they have actual P&O sales agents on board or have you booked via the net? If via an actual sales agents did you get a good discount for booking on board?

Cheers,

Chaz:)

So glad you're having a good time and can't wait to read your review. Hopefully when we sail in the September school holidays there won't be too many oldies - if I was an oldie I certainly wouldn't go on a cruise in the school holidays!!:eek:

Glad to hear you are having such a great time Rach. Look forward to hearing all about it! There have been several people watching your changing itinerary with interest assuming you must have been affected by the earthquake of Tonga.

I didn't know you could book on board! Did they have actual P&O sales agents on board or have you booked via the net? If via an actual sales agents did you get a good discount for booking on board?

Cheers,

I think they offered 5% discount when we were onboard.

Does anyone know if booking on board is another "improvement" being implemented from Carnival (you hear about it on the American boards all the time)? Or have I just missed this on each of my cruises???

I think I would be extremely cautious about booking on board if all you got was a 5% discount. I think for our last few cruises we have achieved a minimum 25% discount on the original published fares!!! In fact we are getting a 40% discount on our next one!! Unless of course the 5% was on top of the "specials" available from P&O. Either way I think I would be using the Onboard Computers to check the net for prices!!

Cheers,

Yes, I wonder if it's 5% of the full price or a further 5% off already discounted prices?

We got 40% off the regular price on the last cruise we did - which was the advertised price in the paper, booked direct through P&O. Wouldn't have gone on it if we'd only got 5% off.

Kym

I didn't think much of the onboard booking specials. I sat with a couple one breakfast who were thinking of booking the Dawn. They had the new brochure.They weren't getting much off the price about 5% and $100 onboard credit.They seemed to think it was good.Mind you they had paid a lot more than I had for their cruise so I didn't say anything :rolleyes: I would wait for the 50% of special throughout the year. I suppose the Dawn might take a bit longer for the novelty to wear off

Archived