New Cruise Ship Terminal Brisbane Again

Rallo

I have been emailing P&O about the new cruise ship terminal in Brisbane (Portside Wharf) about whether it will be operational by the time of my cruise in September. They told me they couldn't confirm and to contact Portside Wharf directly, which I did. Portside emailed me back and confirmed the Terminal would be fully operational by September. I then emailed P&O again to enquire whether they would still have the free buses to and from the Transit Centre and Securapark. They replied with and I quote:-

"Once the new cruise ship terminal at Hamilton is completed the transfers will only be offered to passengers that book their air/hotel packages with P&O."

Now I'm wondering how do the rest of us get to the Terminal? Do we have to pay a taxi fare from wherever to the wharf? Does anyone from Brisbane have any ideas about this? I don't think the train goes to the Terminal. I suppose the passengers on the first cruises to leave from the terminal will be able to advise me on this if any of them are members of this forum. They would be August or early September cruises I guess. Sounds like more expense to be incurred.:mad:

Hi Rallo

That's a bummer, and I will let my TA know that, as he keeps assuring me we will be collected from the airport by P&O (& we didn't do the P&O air/hotel deal...not even the air bit). Still it's good to know that we should be leaving from the new wharf, and it is definitely closer to the airport than Pinkenba is!

Cheers

The easiest way to access the new terminal will be by private car or by taxi. I believe there is plenty of parking available (but don't know about long term parking). A taxi from the CBD would be about $20 at a guess (as it's about $30 to the Airport). Unfortunately there isn't a useable train line close enough to the wharf to make train travel out there an option.

If you are coming from the City one option is to take a River Cat to Brett's Wharf and from there it will be a 10-15 min walk.

Passengers arriving at the Airport on the day of sailing (but without P&O arranged transport) would probably be able to buy tickets on the P&O Buses on the day - at least we were able to do to that to get from Sydney Airport to Darling Harbour last year and I can't see why it would be different in Brisbane.

I would say the long term car parking places at Hendra (about a 10 minute drive from Hamilton) will probably offer a similar transfer service to what they offer to the airport for those who need to drive to Brisbane. If not it would only be short taxi ride.

There is marginal difference in distance between the Airport terminals and the temporary wharf at Pinkenba and the new wharf at Hamilton.

Kym

I have just emailed Coachtrans Australia (Brisbane Airport Coach Suttles), asking them to consider commencing services to Portside Wharf on sailing days, even just as a pick-up/drop-off on the airport services, from Roma St. Transit Centre. I'm sure if they got more emails from you guys, it would vindicate the need for such a service.

Their email address is mailto:reservations@coachtrans.com.au. Send them an email, the more they get, the more chance there is they will take notice.

Trevor

Archived