International Cafe -Crown Princess

2forseas

Can anyone elaborate about the International Cafe (CB). We are sailing the 6/14/06 Crown Princess, and just wondering what else is served besides coffee & pastry. Are there charges for the food in this cafe? Trying to gear up!!

From the Princess website...

International Café (Atrium, Deck 5) - Serving up rotating themes throughout the day, the International Café is the place for an ever-changing array of snacks. Passengers might find freshly baked croissants or beignets in the morning, crêpes or bonbons in the afternoon, and chocolate fondue or desserts in the evening. It will also be the perfect spot for pre-dinner tapas or after-dinner petit fours.

Once you sail nex Wed can you let us know about food/prices, etc.

I am a first time cruiser and thought most stuff was included except specialty restaurants. What do they charge for? It seems a lot of folks talk about bringing their own water/soda...is on board stuff expensive?

Thanks!

Hi there all you lucky people that are sailing the Crown first

We are going in Jan 2007 so will be looking forward to your write up about the ship. ALso stupid question but my sister-in-law is asking if there will be a hair dryer in the room (its her first time and I can't remember if there was). If you could let me know it would very much appreciated.

Thanxs

I have heard - on another thread, that there will be a charge for the items here but I can't state it for a fact.

The curise answer book says items are priced accordingly... Not exactly sure what that means, but it doesn't mean free!

I have heard - on another thread, that there will be a charge for the items here but I can't state it for a fact.

The Princess "Curise Answer Book" says items are priced accordingly... Not exactly sure what that means, but it doesn't mean free!

Hmmm...I have a hard time believing Princess would ever charge for "snacks" since the only food items they really charge for outside of the specialty restaurants are from room service. They have got to be some INCREDIBLE snacks for me to want to purchase anything when I can go to the buffet anytime and get something or order from room service. I think if they charge, it is going to fail miserably or eventually cause the drop of the fee (most likely).

Hmmm...I have a hard time believing Princess would ever charge for "snacks" since the only food items they really charge for outside of the specialty restaurants are from room service. They have got to be some INCREDIBLE snacks for me to want to purchase anything when I can go to the buffet anytime and get something or order from room service. I think if they charge, it is going to fail miserably or eventually cause the drop of the fee (most likely).

Princess told me the same thing a few weeks ago regarding the new dining venues, speficially the cafe and the wine and seafood bar.

It appears that on the mainstream lines, cruising is becoming less inclusive and more ala carte.

I have often thought that the reason coffee is so bad on most ships these days is to force the coffee die hards to purchase the stuff. It works, unfortunately!

Pretty soon it may be the same as staying in a hotel:(.

Archived