Alaska cruisetour - which line?

LMPego

I'm looking at Celebrity or Princess for an Alaska cruisetour next June. If I liked Carnival, any thoughts which would suit me best?

LMPego check out the Alaska board and you will find ship reviews of people that have gone on those lines recently. That might help you decide. Each person is going to have their own likes and dislikes so by reading a few reviews you might be able to come to a conclusion on your own. We are leaving on the Carnival Spirit Northbound next Wednesday for our Alaskkan cruise. I liked the itinerary, the cost, and most of all I like Carnival as a whole. The reviews for the Carnival Spirit Alaskan cruises have been positive.

Cruisetours are similar on most lines, offering very nice lodging and rail cars. All use the Park service tour buses.

I strongly suggest, instead concentrate on educating yourself on EVERYTHING about the tour, times in transit, distances, tours, especially Denali Park. For people who come to these boards already booked, I would speculate over 75% of them find out something about their tour they didn't have a clue about.

Go for as long as you can afford and avoid the short tours, too much time in transit. Budget 50% more for meals compared to at home for a cushion.

As only a suggestion, when comparing, also look at independent options or alternative tour operators for a smaller, more personal tours.

The more you know, the better your choice will be for your priorities.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking at an Alaska cruisetour next June. If I liked Carnival, any thoughts about whether Celebrity, Princess, or Royal Caribbean would suit me best?

I have done Holland cruisetours several time and they do an excellent job. I would suggest Holland and Princess for this destination.

Archived