Renting Tuxes on ship

you can go to cruiselineformal.com for all the information on renting a tux. DH has done this twice and it works out great. He never wears a suit at home, so why waste the money when his size changes all the time ;)

I'm looking directly at my RCI booklet for July 10 sailing. Tuxedos - classic black $85, white dinner jacket package $95, black and white combo (2 coats) $120, shoes $12, socks $6, paisley vest and tie $15, Ralph Lauren vest set $20, suspenders $5.

Can anyone tell me what it cost to rent a tux on the ship. My husband has one suit and I really dont want to buy another one.

Yvonne:)

The prices have been quoted above. Basic tux is $85 for the entire cruise. I take one suit and two shirts and two ties. I rented a tux once (in a panic) because my suit pants did not come back from the cleaners with the jacket (and I did not know it until I was getting dressed for dinner!). They took care of me in less than a hour and the tux fit wonderfully. We even have formal pictures of me in a "monkey suit":D! Your husband will fit in with a jacket and tie very easily on formal night. Now a days, many people do not "conform" to formal night and will wear slacks and a shirt. there are those who do not go that far and are not turned away from the dining room. The husband of one couple that went with us on a cruise wore a shirt, tie, sports coat, and a pair of jeans! They may get looks and an occasional snide remark, but even those are few and far between. The attitude is "I'm on vacation and I will dress how I feel comfortable." I do not feel comfortable in anything less than a suit and tie, so that is what I carry along...but that is just me.

Archived