Another newbie question

lkmamom

Thanks in advance for being so patient. We have cruised many times but this is our first with Holland. We are sailing from VanCouver in just a short few weeks:D and I was wondering, since we will be staying near Canada Place and check out at the hotel is noon, could we check our bags at the port and then disembark for a little walk around VanCouver before we officially embark or is it due to security, that once we embark, we need to stay onboard? I am just trying to find answers to please both DH ( who really wants to see some of VanCouver before we leave) and DS who is very excited to check out the new ship. I just thought that since the ship does not leave until 5pm there would be time to do a little sightseeing but do not know what to do with the suitcases.

Thanks for all of your help, you are all so kind on these boards:)

Linda

Yes, you may leave the terminal once you've checked in. But you may also drop your bags off with the steveadores (before you even go into Canada Place) then walk down to Gastown or somewhere else until you choose to go back and check in.

Yes, you may leave the terminal once you've checked in. But you may also drop your bags off with the steveadores (before you even go into Canada Place) then walk down to Gastown or somewhere else until you choose to go back and check in.

Yes, you can; just like Jim said! Vancouver is a great city! Gastown is worth a visit if you've never been there before; Have a great cruise!

You can also leave your baggage with the hotel bellman at checkout, see the sights, then pick them up later when you are ready to embark. Vancouver is a beautiful city; take the opportunity of a few hours to tour it!

Have a wonderful time.

Thanks so much for your replies! We are all very excited and this will help so much. We have been really studying what to do in VanCouver since our time will be limited, so this will help a lot. :D

Linda

I recommend Jim's suggestion. By checking your bags in early, not only is that chore done and you have no security issues, but also your bags will be waiting for you in your stateroom when you board, not vice versa.

Archived