Iron and/or hair dryer

sticklec

Hi,

Will be sailing on the Carnival Legend on the 21st. Can somebody tell me if the rooms are equipped with irons and hair dryers?? I've been seeing these 2 particular items on a lot of packing lists and I'm afraid I just assumed they would be in the room. I can see myself dragging my blow dryer but not iron!! LOL. Can somebody please verify this for me??

Thank!

Liz

Hi,

Will be sailing on the Carnival Legend on the 21st. Can somebody tell me if the rooms are equipped with irons and hair dryers?? I've been seeing these 2 particular items on a lot of packing lists and I'm afraid I just assumed they would be in the room. I can see myself dragging my blow dryer but not iron!! LOL. Can somebody please verify this for me??

Thank!

Liz

There are hair dryers in the cabin, but no irons. And, no irons are allowed in the cabin. There are laundry rooms on each floor that have irons, or you can send things out via your cabin steward to be pressed.

No irons, but you can use the ones in the self service laundry room for free. Just be careful it's not too hot (lots of people forget and leave them on) and be careful of the water in the steam iron. My son ruined a white shirt last week on the Valor when he tried to iron it. Apparently the steam iron wasn't filled with distilled water and the rusty water leaked out all over his shirt when he used it.

Bring your own hairdryer. The ones on the ship not only aren't very powerful, but they are awkward to operate. You have to keep your finger pressed down on the "on" button or it shuts off.

Guest YesitDonna

The Inspiration does NOT have any kind of blowdryer in the room at all, good or bad. Lucky for me I always bring my own so I was ok. I also braing a travel steamer with me on the cruise, they work really good and I also iron everything I bring with me prior to the cruise.

Hi Liz. If you'll read the "Welcome Aboard" booklet that came with your docs, you'll find all kinds of great info in there. It is stressed in two places that irons are not allowed in cabins. Have a happy and SAFE cruise!:)

Don't worry about a iron since there is a laundry room on every floor with irons, washers, and dryers.

The blowdryers actually worked great on the Miracle ship alot better than the Caribbean Princess ship so I really wouldn't take up space for that either.

Archived