Pride of Hawaii , June 5-12 ,2006 cruise

Kapuna

That's one of the main reasons we're trying NCL - our sons don't have to dress up in tuxes or suits like they have had to for the past 13 or so cruises.

DH is especially glad about this. He couldn't believe he'll be able to wear Dockers & a polo shirt/Tommy Bahama shirt every night. "Really? I can wear that?" lol :p

HI Everyone,

Glad you are back safe and sound from your cruise. :) Did anyone go Ziplining? If so, where and what was it like? I am having a hard time deciding between the Haleakala Zipline in Maui and the Kauai Canopy Zipline. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Also, did anyone do the Mokihana Helicopter tour in Kauai? Was it good? Thanks for posting all your comments. It gives us a good idea of what to expect.

Lady of the canyon ;)

event.png

Aloha Kapuna!

thanks for all the info- can you share what time you left Nawiliwili? We're booked on the 18 Dec. sailing and our itin says 6pm but you said that you had "afternoon viewing" of the Na Pili coast so I'm wondering what time you actually left. I think I've seen other posts where they refer to the "afternoon" departure. I wonder why the itin says 6pm? Unless they change it different times of the year?

We were married in Kilauea and had hoped to attend church there Sunday a.m. but it will take some time to get across the island and back. We'll be there Dec. 24th so that would be a special time to be able to do that. Hope they don't set sail too early for us to miss that opportunity!

mahalo in advance-

On 6/5 POH -- Our original itinerary had us overnighting in Nawiliwili and leaving at 6 a.m. the following a.m.!!! We were ecstatic to see that it was changed to 2 p.m. departure the second day with later afternoon/evening coast viewing. If we had kept our first-day rental car we could have done a lot the second day before 1:30 all aboard, but we turned the car in the first day and took free shuttles to the shopping "meccas." Another issue -- when I asked the clerk at Thrifty "How long would it take to drive north all the way to the end?" she said we shouldn't go north because there was bridge work being done on a one-lane bridge and we would be held up for "over an hour" waiting in traffic. She could not tell us which bridge so I figured we'd go north to the waterfalls etc. then have to turn back when we ran into all of that traffic but we did okay -- we saw the bridge being fixed but there was no backup. So you never know when you'll have an unexpected time change or potential construction delay!! Best to figure it out much closer to departure date -- not to mention Christmas eve services might be a different schedule than summertime. Good luck!!

Oh, Lady (above) we didn't Zip, so I can't answer for that one! That might be worth a forum search including under the Hawaii heading.

We made dinner reservations each morning . There were no 1/2 price specials as far as I know , but 3 of the specialty restaurants have no cover charge anyway ; we liked the Italian ( no charge ) and the steak house ( cover charge ) .

Kapuna, thank you for your input. I have read repeatedly that cruisers must make reservations for the specialty restaurants the first day because the schedules fill up and then you can't make reservations at the more popular places. Can you clarify - were you able to get reservations each morning?

Kapuna, thank you for your input. I have read repeatedly that cruisers must make reservations for the specialty restaurants the first day because the schedules fill up and then you can't make reservations at the more popular places. Can you clarify - were you able to get reservations each morning?

On our particular cruise , which only had ca. 1800 passengers , we were always able to get reservations on the same day . This may not be true when the ship is full .

Archived