Budget Car Rental Question ~ Orlando to Port Canaveral

michelle319

We are sailing the Glory in August and are coming in two days early. We're trying to figure out transportation. Has anyone used Budget Car Rental?? They appear to have better rates than Avis. Where is Budget's rental office and do they have shuttle service to the port?

Thanks for the help!

If you use Budget, be prepared to wait in a long line at MCO. Yes, it's cheaper. When I went to Cape Canaveral, I used Avis because I thought it was the only one with a rental there. I picked up the car at MCO and no wait at all. I walked passed Budget counter with at least 50 people waiting in line. Avis has cars at the terminal parkings.

We rented an SUV from Budget this past January at the Orlando airport. The line was fairly long but they had several people working so it went pretty fast and we were out of there before long. We returned the vehicle to the Port Canaveral office and had no wait whatsoever (about 10:00 a.m. Sunday morning) to return it, and no wait for the shuttle. Very easy and quick. It's about a 5-minute drive to the port.

Everything was smooth on both half of trip to and from Orlando - i also did 3 days in orlando and Budget i got a compact for the price of the limo ride round trip.

Shuttle pick up and drop off very smooth indeed.

I used them there last week. I picked up the car at the US area, drove to the port. At the port, the shuttle picked us up. The driver told us to get in the van, he'd put the luggage away. Bad move- he one piece on the parking lot! My frantic wife went back ther and the piece was still there. We went to Kennedy space center, then return the suv at the rental place. It is walking distance from the AA area.

One hint- sing up for Budget fast break- it might save you a lot of time. Also, when I booked, a SUV (Explorer/Blazer) was only a couple of $ more than a Taurus. I paid a total of $59 (fees/taxes included).

Call soon, they sell out of the bigger stuff quick.

Archived