Best Piano Entertainer on Carnival?

CrusinAgain

Just got off the Legend yesterday. (6/29) Very disapponted with the new piano player that took over for Mark. She was very mellow. WAY TOO MELLOW. Never really got the place rocking. In fact as the cruise continued, less and less people went to the piano bar. Everyone whent to a different bar where they had a really good 3 piece band that kept everyone on the dance floor.

Kevin

Just got off the Legend yesterday. (6/29) Very disapponted with the new piano player that took over for Mark. She was very mellow. WAY TOO MELLOW. Never really got the place rocking. In fact as the cruise continued, less and less people went to the piano bar. Everyone whent to a different bar where they had a really good 3 piece band that kept everyone on the dance floor.

Kevin

Well - with over a dozen Carnival sailings - I can tell you that I have found that to be THE NORM :( .

Finding a talented and engaging piano player is truly the exception (either that, or I am VERY unlucky...:eek: )

Tom

SCOTTIE. He was on the Victory last year when we cruised and he is OUTSTANDING.

He is the MAN. He would play anything and everything -- he made about $250 from our group of 8 last year plus pretty much all of his drinks. He was great because he played for the sake of having fun and not based on how much you tip him -- which inclines our group to tip MUCH, MUCH more.

SCOTTIE. He's the absolute greatest Piano Bar entertainer I have EVER encountered.

I second this; the post-1AM dirty song repertoire was fantastic... remember Barnacle Bill the Sailor?

Kevin

Hey Kevin- I could not agree with you more re the current the state of affairs in the Legend Piano bar. IMO the only purpose for the piano on that cruise (6/21/06) was to have a place to lay your head down. It was sad. We'd walk by there and it was the very same mellow song we'd heard the night before. :( The songs were really low key and the repertoire was not so broad. That's a shame b/c I had been looking forward to hanging out in there. Oh well.

Vince and/or Mark--

I am getting married on the Glory Nov. 11 and am keeping my fingers crossed that one of you will be there (I have paid for the piano player for my reception). I have a few questions- What type of music do you play for the weddings? How does the first dance work- Are you able to play most couple's requested song or do some couples bring their first dance song on a cd? Sorry so many questions-I was just so excited to see that one of you might be there for my wedding! Thanks so much in advance!

Brooke

Does anyone recognise the piano player in the attached picture? He was on the Pride and Glory the summer of 03 and he was a blast but I can't remember his name.. Does anyone know if he is still with Carnival and what his name is?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/551454559/2723678400048696701fNqgqi

It's Joe Spraker(sp).....Cannonball!!!!!!

every piano player is different. as for me, i start with the light stuff, until someone makes a specific request. again, every player has different songs. i have over 1000, so theres something for everyone.

you should know that the piano bar doesnt have much of a 'dance floor' per se. there is a CD player if you want to play songs from there as well.

the closer you get to the date, the better we'll know who'll be there...

thanks for your quick reply. Wow 1,000 songs--that is amazing! We aren't looking to have everyone dance but we do have a special song that we would like to dance to just the two of us for our "first dance." Is there enough room for that? Thanks again.

We want to use "Bless the Broken Road" by the Rascal Flatts for our first dance. It's funny because neither of us like country very much but that song is perfect for us. Other than that we're really easy. We like old classics like Frank Sinatra and new hits too. I am a huge Dave Matthews fan but I don't know how well that translates into piano songs.

awwww!!! i just played that song last night as a dedication...lol

as for slow dave matthews songs, i do CRASH. its a nice dedication too.

sinatra's got plenty to work with.

but again, you'll have to see who your player will be.

Oh I'll bet Crash is great on the piano. So cool that you can play Bless the Broken Road too. I hope you're on the Glory then and if so maybe I'll try to email you a few weeks out if that's okay. We've got about 50 wedding guests, 22 of them cruising with us and we should be a fun slightly crazy group. I've heard good things about Vince too so hopefully it will be one of you two. I'm just glad to hear that the Glory crew realizes how important a good piano player is! I was sweating when I heard how bad things had been. A good piano player can enhance a cruise experience so much and of course I've got a personal interest since the piano player can make or break the mood of my wedding reception!:)

Oh I'll bet Crash is great on the piano. So cool that you can play Bless the Broken Road too. I hope you're on the Glory then and if so maybe I'll try to email you a few weeks out if that's okay. We've got about 50 wedding guests, 22 of them cruising with us and we should be a fun slightly crazy group. I've heard good things about Vince too so hopefully it will be one of you two. I'm just glad to hear that the Glory crew realizes how important a good piano player is! I was sweating when I heard how bad things had been. A good piano player can enhance a cruise experience so much and of course I've got a personal interest since the piano player can make or break the mood of my wedding reception!:)

Finally able to get some time on the net. Signed on, on Saturday. Today is my day off, so I have some time to kill. I know Bless The Broken Road. Just learned that a month ago. It's one of my new favorite songs. If i'm still here no problem at all. But i'm pretty sure if i'm not here, Mark will be here, so you can probably rest easy. I think you'll be in good hands for a piano guy if i'm off by then.

Thanks for your reply to my question back in June. I look forward to listening to you next week. We board on the 8th.

By the way, my husband's motto is also "always time for a beer"!!

Sheryl

Guest Mary49

Kevin

I was on the 6/13 Legend sailing and just want to say that I agree with Kevin about the Piano Player who replaced Mark. Maybe this was the girl's first try out? Who knows. I hope she improves.

Anyhow, was disappointed that Mark had to leave. Was soo sure I would get to hear him play. We all were planning to meet at 10:30 on the first night. Just goes to show you, that sometimes things just happen and it doesn't always work out the way you plan.

The pool band Colorz was great. Also very good was the band "Music Mix". That girl had a beautiful voice... She could sing anything and had the place hopping. Of course I still favor "Music Boardwalk"

Glad everything turn out alright for you, Mark... Maybe next time. Mary Ann from New York

You were awesome last week!! We were on the Glory with you for 4th of July week!! You are one awesome piano dude!!! Great voice great energy...PEOPLE...you want a good piano player look out for Vince!!! Where are you off to next?

all right y'all...my next stop is the Sensation, for 2 weeks, beginning this Sunday...after that, the wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'...

I'll cross my fingers that you, vince or Ron will be on The Liberty this December. Hey, how can we find out if someone is already scheduled to be on the liberty in December? Do you have any pull?

we can always request slots...but i dont think it'll be me on the liberty...i think im gonna be on either glory or spirit this winter...

Mark - how long do you think you will be on the Sensation?

We added her in as a QUICKIE as soon as we got off the Glory last Saturday.

We sail on 7/27!!

Tom

Archived