I leave in 4 days!! What must I NOT forget to do/eat/drink??

:D Okay, my head is swimming and I feel I am losing all the valuable info I have learned over the weeks, so thought I could print this thread off after your replies - what must I definitely NOT forget to do/say/eat/drink on the Voyager to the Med this weekend (THIS WEEKEND!!!! :D :D :D ) Give me all your thoughts/opinions please!!

Also, ladies - do you normally take your own shampoo/conditioner even though they supply this in the rooms????:confused: My hair is quite temperamental so thinking will play it safe and bring my own!!!

Hmmm...some ideas:

As soon as you get on the ship:

1. Check out your dining room table to make sure it's the right size/location/whatever. Get it fixed asap if you need to.

2. Make those hair/spa appointments if you're looking to get something done at a busy time- eg before formal nights.

3. Make Chops/Portofinos reservations for those nights you do not want to dine at the dining room.

4. Take some pictures of the ship before more people get on.

During the cruise:

1. Go to the ice show.

2. Go to Quest. Don't ask- just go.

3. Rock climbing? Why not!

4. Cocktails on the 14th floor Jazz Lounge. Don't miss it.

Things not to miss eating:

1. Grand Marnier souffle

2. Savory bites bread

3. Warm chocolate cake

4. Scallop risotto

5. Roasted peach soup

6. Duck terrine

Above all, relax and enjoy!

You absolutely MUST NOT forget to relax & have a great time!! Just remember, anything you miss doing this time just gives you a valad reason to book another cruise!!:D In fact if you are even "remotely" considering another cruise book something while you are onboard & get the shipboard credit. You can always change your mind regarding ship/date/ iteniary etc and keep the onboard credit as long as you keep the booking # the same/

Hmmm...some ideas:

1. Check out your dining room table to make sure it's the right size/location/whatever. Get it fixed asap if you need to.

2. Make those hair/spa appointments if you're looking to get something done at a busy time- eg before formal nights.

3. Make Chops/Portofinos reservations for those nights you do not want to dine at the dining room.

4. Take some pictures of the ship before more people get on.

During the cruise:

1. Go to the ice show.

2. Go to Quest. Don't ask- just go.

3. Rock climbing? Why not!

4. Cocktails on the 14th floor Jazz Lounge. Don't miss it.

1. Grand Marnier souffle

2. Savory bites bread

3. Warm chocolate cake

4. Scallop risotto

5. Roasted peach soup

6. Duck terrine

Don't miss the rum cake too. Yum!

I just got back last week from my cruise and they only supplied shampoo (in a dispenser) and soap this time. I recommend bringing your own.

2. Savory bites bread

Savory bites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To die for!! These are little breads. Our assistant waiter was so wonderful; she carefully explained each one in detail every night. They change daily, so be sure to partake! There are sun-dried tomato, sesame seed, poppy seed, herbs, and other tempting options. Yummmm...

I actually use the shampoo provided in the shower for hand soap. That little bar of soap is just a mess when I try to wash my hands with it after applying my makeup.

I always take my own shampoo & cond. (but not the regular size, I take small bottles of it) You can get a set of travel bottles at Wal Mart for about a dollar.

Have a great time. Eat like there's no tomorrow. Diet when you get home.

Pat

I am negative 4 days from my cruise and thinking how lucky you are!!!! Just got back on Explorer---I had lists upon lists of things to remember- I did bring my own shampoo , conditioner and blow dryer( theirs isnt too powerful)...bring a bit of alka seltzer( it helps with all the food intake), also I actually brought TOO many clothes!!!! Never too many bathing suits though...I brought my own water bottle also to fill up when Iwent to gym....and my own pillow cases( I play it safe) also brought a can of Lysol top spray down bathroom ---I probably did not need it( or the antibacterial hand soap)--beleive it or not I AM NOT A GERM-A -PHOBE- just read a lot of scary stuff before I left....It got a little breezy on deck a couple of times so was glad I brought a jacket too.....Have a wonderful trip-----and dont forget you can definetley bring 2 bottles of your own wine- we did---no one asked or checked but it would have been fine if they did-----no corking fee if you bring the corkscrew and have it on your balcony before dinner.

Hmmm...some ideas:

During the cruise:

1. Go to the ice show.

4. Cocktails on the 14th floor Jazz Lounge. Don't miss it. While you're there, have an O-Cosmo; it uses Bacardi O (orange) rum instead of the vodka. And dance!

1. Grand Marnier souffle -- my waiter had his own presentation style, which included feeding the lucky (female) diner a bite!

2. Savory bites bread - OMG!!! YEAH!!:D

4. Scallop risotto

5. Roasted peach soup - while you're at it, try some other fruit soups

and I would add - the seafood skewer & tiramisu at Portofino!!

during an at-sea day, find a deck chair in the shade, get a foo-foo drink with an umbrella, and read a trashy novel

BTW, you can eat well and still not gain a ton - I actually lost a pound on the cruise! just choose wisely - even the healthy stuff is delicious!

Jofirsttimer please post a review upon your return . We are going July 22 and will be interested in your comments.

Have fun and don't forget to throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain so you will assure yourself a return trip.

Archived