Drinking age in Nassau?

After reading about the 18 year old boys left in Nassau, I am wondering what the drinking age is??? I am taking 9 18 year old girls (with 5 other moms!) on a cruise in July on the Fantasy...don't want to lose any of them!:eek:

The drinking age in the Bahamas is 18 as it is in most of the world. The USA is the only nation where drinking is legal, with a drinking age of 21.

After reading about the 18 year old boys left in Nassau, I am wondering what the drinking age is??? I am taking 9 18 year old girls (with 5 other moms!) on a cruise in July on the Fantasy...don't want to lose any of them!:eek:

The drinking age in the Bahamas is 18. Guess you better keep an eye on 'em.....:rolleyes:

i am not sure if i am understanding this post, are you okay with them drinking and if it's legal? or are you saying they cannot drink if it is legal?

if they aren't allowed to drink, then this needs to be clear to them and to their parents - what are their parents thoughts on this? yes, i know they are adults (legally anywayz) but will they respect your rules, i sure hope that everyone going knows that your law, is THE law.

Please clarify for us :D

Makes you long for the good old days when the drinking age WAS 18, there wasn't such a thing as political correctness, and people took responsibility for their own actions instead of suing someone else. We got along fine.............and most teens learned how to handle drinking before they got to college/adulthood and did all this binge drinking you hear about today. It's SO much more complicated these days.........sigh.:(

Good luck with the teens and have a great cruise.

(Stepping off soapbox)

Ok.. there's "legal drinking age" and then there's reality. Unless it's a tourist-heavy American franchise, there's no freakin' drinking age in the Bahamas. I speak from experience.

I agree with the above poster. My experiance in the Bahama's has been that if you can reach the bar you can buy a drink. On second thought, make that, if your big brother can reach the bar you can drink.

Ok.. there's "legal drinking age" and then there's reality. Unless it's a tourist-heavy American franchise, there's no freakin' drinking age in the Bahamas. I speak from experience.

You are absolutely right! Usually if you can see over the bar and you have a buck in your pocket, they will serve you, fer sure. Sometimes you don't even have to see over the bar - ! HA!:)

Agree with the any age goes policy in the Bahamas. I've observed the legal drinking age (at the streetside frozen drink stands) to officially be "look how cute I am in my skimpy tank top and butterfly thong peeking out of my pants....giggle giggle, can I have a pina colada?"

Archived