Had to wear sandals to dinner

LandLocked, I agree with you.

And thanks for the links for those links, always on the lookout for nice flats.

I'm sorry I may not be popular for writing the following but I can't help it.

Over the last few weeks, I've read some amazing and inspiring stories of courageous ladies. Maybe we should take a lesson from them and be grateful for what we have in our lives and our closets. So what if someone wears the wrong shoe, who will see it under the table anyway?

The following is my opinion.

Some people get hurt more easily than others. There are all kinds of people and yes I believe that some might look at someone's feet and not like what they see, that's their problem, but it still can hurt the person getting the "look".

I agree that we should try to be more positive as LandLocked said and encourage the person rather than be negative. Considering all the bad things, maybe a little positive thoughts would be better. Like the fact that swollen feet are better than no feet. Let's be grateful that we have feet to put shoes on.

Do I care what someone has on their feet, no. I care what's on my feet. If it matches great, if not, tough. My taste may not be your and yours may not be mine. :)

I have to admit that I didn't read every post in this thread. I just remember the OP saying that she had to wear sandals in the dining room because her feet were so swollen. I replied that the same thing happened to me on my last cruise and I too wasn't able to wear my sexy strappy heeled sandals and also had to wear my flat sandals.

Guess I should go back and read all the notes because I'm sort of at a loss about what the problem is. Unfortunately I need to go to bed in about fifteen minutes . . . have to get up early for work. Can anyone let me in know why there is a problem with someone saying their feet were swollen on their cruise and had to wear sandals?

Can anyone let me in know why there is a problem with someone saying their feet were swollen on their cruise and had to wear sandals?

There isn't. And not a single person said that there was. What was a tad annoying about the OP's post was the implication that people on this board do think that, and that those opinions make her "sad for the human race". Rather extreme, and an unfair generalization of the wonderful posters here I think. Also she felt that she was stared at and looked down upon on her cruise because of her choice of footwear. I, and others, find that rather unusual, and therefore feel she may be misinterpreting.

Thanks, thanks, thanks for the kind remarks. Those all meant the world to me. Maybe I was just looking for a little kindness yesterday,we all have those days right? I am going to go forth next cruise, in December and not worry if I get the up and down once over look again. Argghhhh, maybe I could sew sequins on my sandals, which are Birkenstocks, BTW. LOL. Happy cruising, and thanks again for the kind words....:D

Buster27, Perhaps you didn't take this as a rather sarcastic post? Well, I did.

OK OK lets get this straight. If you read back I said I was just making a statement. I never accused any of the people on Cruise Critic of being unkind. I was referring to the people on the particular cuise I was on. Yes it was only a few people, a couple of which were our table mates. Maybe that was why it seemed more hurtful to get the once over.

I was truly saying thanks when I said thanks, thanks, thanks. I wasn't being sarcastic. As for sad for the human race thing. I may have over spoken. But really, when it comes to what people wear, from what I have read on here, especailly the Princess board, some are furious that people don't dress up enough or don't live up to their standards. And I truly do find that sad. I don't under dress, and do wear the appropriate clothing when I am asked.

I don't know why one or two particular posters on here are trying to pick me apart. Please don't dissect my posts and try to over analyize me. And yes, I have every right to be here, and I don't think it should require a thick skin. It just feels so high school to me.

I so enjoy reading positive advice from the majority. I have learned loads, from what to bring what to wear and so on. Keep up the good work, but lets not scare anyone off. I feel like this dead horse has been beat to death.

Have no fear, your not the only one who swells up...I swelled up to my knee caps and had to see the ship Doc it got so bad....he wanted me to stay off my feet in bed for 3-4 days with them elevated ( I said to him,"Hello, I am on a cruise, not gonna stay in bed for 3-3 days).............needless to say I had to rely on one pair of sandals, beige but you gotta do what you gotta do.....;) and not worry about what others think.....even if you had a $100.00 pair some one would find fault so you keep on cruising.....and yes, it is the high sodium content of the food and also being up on your feet so much that does it ... your sodium sensitive just as I am.....

OK OK lets get this straight. If you read back I said I was just making a statement. I never accused any of the people on Cruise Critic of being unkind. I was referring to the people on the particular cuise I was on. Yes it was only a few people, a couple of which were our table mates. Maybe that was why it seemed more hurtful to get the once over.

I was truly saying thanks when I said thanks, thanks, thanks. I wasn't being sarcastic. As for sad for the human race thing. I may have over spoken. But really, when it comes to what people wear, from what I have read on here, especailly the Princess board, some are furious that people don't dress up enough or don't live up to their standards. And I truly do find that sad. I don't under dress, and do wear the appropriate clothing when I am asked.

I don't know why one or two particular posters on here are trying to pick me apart. Please don't dissect my posts and try to over analyize me. And yes, I have every right to be here, and I don't think it should require a thick skin. It just feels so high school to me.

I so enjoy reading positive advice from the majority. I have learned loads, from what to bring what to wear and so on. Keep up the good work, but lets not scare anyone off. I feel like this dead horse has been beat to death.

I do apologize, I really thought you were being sarcastic while I was reading that people were trying to assure you that no one was staring at you. It can be very hard to read tone and I guess I was the one who got it all wrong.

I think I was a bit testy with another person who sometimes posts on here. I should not let this particular person get to me so, it's no excuse to be rude to another.

Don't worry Mary Jane....I'm with you on the shoe issues......I don't wear heels, and my feet swell from the heat and a medical condition, so I wear whatever I can get on......so I better be prepared with my black satin Isotoner slippers :p !!!

I brought those too, but I forgot I had them so never wore them. I was just going to wear heels to dinner and picture for formal night and then put my slippers on. Oh well.

Keep up the good work, but lets not scare anyone off. I feel like this dead horse has been beat to death.

Agreed. I love these boards - and I think they are frequented by some of the best-mannered folks online. I've learned a lot here, and hope to continure.:)

Archived