New Years Eve Cruising

We just book the VOS to Mexico leaving on 12-31-06. Have been on Celebrity Summit and NCL Pride of America in recent years. One RCC cruise back in 1987. What can we expect for New Years? Also when was the last time this ship was in dry dock? It sounds like she is pretty good condition still but we are used to sailing on newer ships.

We were on the NOS over New Years. It was the best NY's we have ever had. My kids were in the Adventure Ocean with their own party. It ended at 1 am I think. They didn't want to leave they were having sooo much fun. We started in the lounge over looking the pool--they had a wonderful jazz band, then went to the different clubs/bars all with different themes. In the mall they dropped balloons. The largest club had a 50's band. Everything was wonderful. Most men had tux's on and most women were in very nice gowns/formal's. A little more dressed up than usual formal night.

Don't drink the cheap champagne.

Regardless of how free it is, how plentiful it is or how good it looks. Don't drink the cheap champagne.

Really.

If you MUST drink the free champagne.:eek: ..bring asprin and don't make any plans for Jan 1 (expect a very quiet day at sea... lol)

Have fun!

It sure sounds like everyone has had a great time. I am really looking forward to this trip as we have always wanted to do something special for New Years. I am hoping the fact that we board the ship on the 31st does not effect the ships ability to put together a great night. If this is the first night do you think everyone will still dress up?

I think guests will dress because its New Years. However, my suggestion would be to carry on your formal wear and put anything else in your carry on bag that you may need. We have always gotten our bags before dinner, but just in case there is a problem of a bag arriving late, that is what I would do. On the NOS we had 3 formal nights including NY's eve. This was unexpected because I was told there would be 2. Our tablemates knew there would be 3 with NY's, though.

Archived