Formal for 5 y. old girl! and question

These are the dresses my daughter and I chose together and ordered for Formal Nights. As this is our first cruise we are sort of winging it.

This in Ivory...

http://www.magickidsusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_32&products_id=668

This in Golden Brown

http://www.magickidsusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_32&products_id=86

She is thrilled about both dresses, but we are both unsure about shoes. :confused: Do I buy a dressy pair of sandals, and then maybe a pair of Mary Jane's?

Thanks for any advice. :)

you are a great shopper.. both dresses are lovely.. she'll be the belle of the ball ;) haven't shopped for little girls as I have 2 boys but if I did, i would have bought the same dresses.... baby jane's are still in fashion for little girls or would she like a dressy sandal type.. let her help you pick.. either will go nice with both dresses

These are the dresses my daughter and I chose together and ordered for Formal Nights. As this is our first cruise we are sort of winging it.

This in Ivory...

http://www.magickidsusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_32&products_id=668

This in Golden Brown

http://www.magickidsusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_32&products_id=86

She is thrilled about both dresses, but we are both unsure about shoes. :confused: Do I buy a dressy pair of sandals, and then maybe a pair of Mary Jane's?

Thanks for any advice. :)

Your little girl will be a princess! I think a pair of black patten leather Mary Janes would work with both dresses. I would not buy a pair of sandals unless they were dress style.

My daughter works in a store called the Shoe Dept-they do have even in little girl's sizes those strappy sandals in silver tone and crystal with a tiny kitten heel. since black and silver are both neutrals I believe they would go with both dresses-so you just buy what you want.

I know years ago we never put brown and black together, that was a big "no-no" but Stacey and Clinton on What Not To Wear says that is no longer taboo.

Your little girl must be thrilled with her new dresses and the thoughts of her cruise!

I have no opinion on shoes but just wanted to say that I began cruising as a little girl and dressing up for formal nights was such a pleasure! I have photos of me shaking hands with the Captain that go back to 1968:).

I no longer go to the Captain's Cocktail events but I still love formal nights:D.

Enjoy!

I saw that dress on ebay. It is being auctioned in a lot of sizes. I was looking for wedding-type dresses for little girls and saw it.

The auctions are done today.

Here is a link if anyone else is interested.

I saw that dress on ebay. It is being auctioned in a lot of sizes. I was looking for wedding-type dresses for little girls and saw it.

The auctions are done today.

Here is a link if anyone else is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6891584298&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

oops - I forgot to post the link.

Thank you all so much for the comments and stories! :) Does this board ever eat posts? I posted the other night to this thread, and the post is not here! :/ Aw well, could have been a glitch somewhere.

Both dresses arrived today! C. is really happy with her ,"grown up girl dresses". lol. :D The brown velvet fit like a dream, the ivory satin though is a bit too big. I will have to alter it some. :rolleyes:

The bronze shoes are a great idea, I will keep looking. :)

~Rebecca

I know years ago we never put brown and black together, that was a big "no-no" but Stacey and Clinton on What Not To Wear says that is no longer taboo.

yes, but yesterday Matt Lauer had on a pair of brown shoes with a really nice black (or really dark blue) suit and it looked absolutely horrid. I couldn't believe wardrobe let him out looking like that!

Besides, I've never really thought Stacey and Clinton looked all that great....

I found adorable cream colored Mary Janes and black strappy close toe sandals at Payless for my daughter. She had a cream colored dress, a midnight blue dress and a blue and white taffeta dress. She wore the cream with the cream dress, and her pin informal, and then the black ones with her midnight blue and blue and white. If she wasn't growing so fast I probably would have stressed and tried to get her matching shoes for each dress, but its just 9 months later and she's already out grown all her shoes.

So I guess I'll be back at payless again next fall to look for dress shoes for her again.

I have a 6 1/2 year old and we found an adorable pair of dressy sandals in gold that would look great with the ivory dress. We found them at Walmart for under $9! We also found a pair of black mary jane style shoes with a non-slip sole. Take a look at Walmart and Target, too. When are you cruising?

Amy

Archived