Help w/ Loterie Farms

cleophus12

Hi all,

We are bookes on the valor in June. We have already set up Beau Robinson from norushtours to take us around the island. We told him we wanted to do the zip lines and he said no problem but I keep hearing how expensive it is. Does anyone know the price for the zip lines if you just walk-in? And also what else is there to do while we are there if some of our group doesn't want to do the zip lines?

Thanks!

Mary

Hi all,

We are bookes on the valor in June. We have already set up Beau Robinson from norushtours to take us around the island. We told him we wanted to do the zip lines and he said no problem but I keep hearing how expensive it is. Does anyone know the price for the zip lines if you just walk-in? And also what else is there to do while we are there if some of our group doesn't want to do the zip lines?

Thanks!

Mary

It was around $40pp. Just walk in. I would suggest doing the tour first thing just incase it gets crowded in the afternoon. We finished the course in around an hour. There are walking trails, and a restaurant for anyone who may not want to do the ziplines.

It was around $40pp. Just walk in. I would suggest doing the tour first thing just incase it gets crowded in the afternoon. We finished the course in around an hour. There are walking trails, and a restaurant for anyone who may not want to do the ziplines.

That sounds very reasonable for an adventure so unique. Thank You!!!!

I did the Lotterie zipline adventure the first week of March. I'll never do it again. I'm a healthy 32 year old male and it was hard for me to do. The only time I ever saw a guide during all the different stations was at the first and last station. If someone were to fall and was hanging by the safety lines no guides were around to help. After doing this excursion I had leg spasms where as my leg would give out from under me and I'd fall at times as I walked the whole rest of the day. On top of that throughout the whole course all I could smell in the woods was skunk. That's my experience from this excursion. YMMV

We have done this excursion and really enjoyed it a great deal! We were wondering if anyone has done this one AND The Canopy tour in Ocho Rios, Jamaica how the 2 compare to one another. We are considering doing the tour in Jamaica, but would really like to know if it is as fun and as long as this one. If anyone can offer any information I would appreciate it! Thanks :)

We did the Canopy Tour in Montego Bay, Jamaica and even though I haven't done the Loterie Farm one, I think they're very different. On the Canopy Tour, they drive you up into the hills and then you're in an area that is surrounded by trees. It is all ziplines and none of the rope bridges or things like the courses that are at the Loterie Farm. At some points on the Canopy Tour, you are standing on a narrow platform surrounding a tree (hooked to a line with your harness of course) and you look down and it's a LONG way down. You zipline between trees and hillsides, with a few trails in between. At one point you even zipline over a river/dam quite a ways down below. I have some pictures of our Canopy Tour (there are 6 pictures starting here: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2844967130051639614rMPLeC

Can someone who has done this tour tell me how long it takes. The travel time and the tour time cimbined. I am trying to figure out if we can do this tour and visit orient beach. Thank you.

I'm going to guess you will be going there on RCI's Freedom of the Sea's trip which looks like it is in port from 8-6.

When we were on the Carnival Valor we were off the ship by 8:30, got a cab, took the tour, and were at Orient Beach somewhere around 12ish. I would think the main difference is that we didn't have anyone else on the course since no RCI ships were in port and it isn't an organized excursion through Carnival.

People have left reviews saying it has taken them 2-3 hours to complete the actual ropes course. I think it took us around 45 minutes. No lines no waiting! It took a good 30 minutes to get to loterie farms, and about 15-20 to get to Orient Beach after.

Depending on the tour time I would think you would have time to do both... I just don't know HOW much time you would have at the beach.

When we went with RC I think we left around 8:30 and were back to the ship by 12-12:30 or so. We ate lunch at JR and then did some shopping. Our friends that did the tour with us then went to Orient Beach on the RC excursion- I think it left at like 2:00 or something and they were back to the ship by 5:00.

You would have more then enough time to do both- especially if you do try and go on your own since you pass right be Orient Beach coming back to the ship.

We will be on the Serenade next December with 4 teenagers and 2 twelve year olds. Do you remember how expensive it was for the taxi and zipline? We are considering doing this on our own and getting back to the ship in time to do the Americas Cup in the afternoon. Any feedback would be great! kcnn

• 2 months later...

Do you think someone overweight could do this...? Everything I read says physically active? One of our travel companions is pretty close to the weight limit and his knees bother him...should he skip it? He wants to try it but doesn't want to get turned away or have to quit. Thanks!

They may not be comfortable at doing this tour. They put you in a harness that is like putting on a pair of shorts -Your legs have to go through them and if your travel friend is very heavy they may not go around their thighs.

I would be more concerned about the "bad knees". I wouldnt recommend it to anyone with a knee issue. You have to climb a ladder to just get to the start of this tour. There are several bridges that are wood planks - that are about a foot or more away from one another - so you have to do a lot of stretching and reaching with your knees. There is a lot of pressure on your knees when you end the zip line ride.

• 3 weeks later...

The description of this activity on some of the private excursion websites lists the following warnings:

Under 18yrs of age must be accompanied by an adult

Minimum height 4ft

Max weight 250 pounds

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading these posts and this tour looks like great fun. Unfortunately, we could not book early because we have a 11:00 AM tour that will take 4 hours.

We are in port till 8PM. Will they start a tour as late as 4 PM?

I just returned from a week long cruise on the Carnival Glory (August 4-11) with my family. It was a wonderful trip! One of our ports of call was St. Martin. This was my favorite port by far! We really enjoyed St. Thomas (see my review on that board about the Winifred day sail) but had the most fun in St. Martin. The Island is beautiful and so full of culture. We booked tour through http://www.stmaartencruiseexcursions.com/ and saw the best of St. Martin. We also included a stop at the Loterie Farm Adventure Center where we did a ropes course which included many zip lines. This excursion was awesome and I highly recommend it. Our guide at the Loterie Tree Farm helped us through the course and took pictures with my camera for us along the way. After our ropes course adventure, our tour guided (Lloyd) returned and continued to take us on a tour of the island. He shared with us history and fun information about the island. It was very personal and fun!!!! We made stops in Marigot Village for shopping, at a fun seclude beach for lunch and ocean fun, and at Phillipsburg. Afterwards we were dropped back off at the ship. It was about 7 hour trip total and something I would do again in a heart beat. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Archived