Help w/ Loterie Farms

cleophus12

Is there a web site to book this excursion or did you book through your cruise ship? I always prefer booking through the recommendations on this board and not booking through the ship.

Thanks, Jodie

jlane: We were on this excursion (RCCL NAV.-DEC 2006) via the cruise line. We normally book things on our own, but my understanding is , When RCCL is in port, you cannot book this independently. They have some agreement with the company. It looks like you are on a Carnival ship, so, that may still be on option for you. I have an advertisement for it...no web site thought. Key words to Google might be.."ST. Martin Tree top Adventur Tour", Lottery Farm, or Rendezvous tour Company. These are all thing on this paper. FYI it does take about 1/2 hour to get there.

Also, Our group was about 30-40. There was a small group of 3 or 4 that appeared to be there on their own. The one man was VERY vocal that they had to wait until our group had all started until they were allowed to go. Not sure where they were from.

I am in my mid fortys, normal height and weight and reasonably fit. So, with that in mind, I'll give you my read on this. Cardiovascular wise this in not a tough thing to do if you are reasonably fit. It does, however, require a lot of extreme stretching, some coordination and ability to bend and stoop over frequently. There are some obsticals that were tough even for the young ones. If a person has back or joint issues or is not of reasonable height and weight than it could be a problem. Felt bad for a woman in the group (50's and overweight) who ended up not finishing the course and injured her ankle somewhere along the way.

Does anyone know offhand if its possible for someone to ride with us on the bus and get off at the cafe to wait for the rest of the group to be done?

We will be booking through the ship.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

I am going on the Carnival Valor 2/25 and would LOVE to do this tour. I looked at cruisecal.com and it looks like the only ships in port that day are the Valor and Crown Princess.

Since it doesn't appear any RCI will be in port does anyone know how I can go about setting up a tour???

Thanks!

I am going on the Carnival Valor 2/25 and would LOVE to do this tour. I looked at cruisecal.com and it looks like the only ships in port that day are the Valor and Crown Princess.

Since it doesn't appear any RCI will be in port does anyone know how I can go about setting up a tour???

Thanks!

It does, however, require a lot of extreme stretching, some coordination and ability to bend and stoop over frequently. There are some obsticals that were tough even for the young ones.

I agree with this post. In some other posts, I said it was physically demanding, but it was actually more coordination and balancing. I have two left feet, so I thought it was very difficult. I'm pretty tall, and in some parts it was hard to stretch for the next rope or board or whatever. Plus in some parts, it was hard to bend low. It seemed every obstacle was an unstable, balancing act. In Belize, I did the Canopy tour with Carnival which was 100% zip lines and LOVED it. That's what I was expecting here, so I was very disappointed. Our tour was about 4 hours in length, but we had a huge group of people - we filled two tour buses.

According to www.shoretrips.com, the zipline fly zone with lunch tour begins at 9:30 a.m. and lasts 6 hours.

This excursion gives a quick, simple tour of the island and allows those attending the choice of going on the zipline or waiting at the cafe at the end.

I have yet to go on this excursion, but am in about a month on the 3/3/07 sailing on the Serenade of the Seas!

According to www.shoretrips.com, the zipline fly zone with lunch tour begins at 9:30 a.m. and lasts 6 hours.

This excursion gives a quick, simple tour of the island and allows those attending the choice of going on the zipline or waiting at the cafe at the end.

I have yet to go on this excursion, but am in about a month on the 3/3/07 sailing on the Serenade of the Seas!

Thanks - we've already scheduled this one in on our upcoming cruise! The thought of our transportation breaking down and us not making it back in time for our cruise worries me!

Do you need to tip anyone on this excursion? Best to know upfront! Thanks!

It wasn't necessary to tip - but there are a lot of men there to help along the way. They train you on all the safety equipment - and are at every single course to help you start and another person at the other side. We chose to tip. They put all the tips on one bucket and share among each other. I would say there were about 8 guys that share the money. Of course tipping is very individual but I felt it was well worth a tip!

I think we gave $5 each. The guides will be there to wish you well as your heading back to the bus. It was a nice situation - you didnt feel like you had to tip in anyway - but it was a nice gesture and was very much appreciated. I think we may have given the bus driver a total of $5 as well. (The driver stays there the entire time your doing the tour.)

I think I mentioned earlier in the post - they do not let you take any cameras on the tour with you - but you are safe to leave it with them. We were a bit hesitant about that as my other half is in the professional photography business and his camera is worth quite a bit - but they were wonderful and no issues for anyone to leave their cameras with the staff (they lock them up).

Being the advertising season for the cruiselines I keep seeing TV comercials for the cruises and Carnival has someone ziplining in this years commercial. Reminds me of this fun tour!

Enjoy!

The Zipline tour just says [from what I see] a minimum age of 8. I have yet to do this excursion [planning on doing it in 3 weeks], but I hear there are roughly 32 obstables, 9 of which are ziplines.

To get more feedback, you may just want to post on one of the more seen boards.

Good luck!

I just did this tour the other day. I am 45 and in good shape. This course was challenging to me. It did get easier the more you get used to it. But is definately not a walk in the park. If you have any doubts, I would pass. I loved it can't wait to do it again.

Harry

Does anyone know offhand if its possible for someone to ride with us on the bus and get off at the cafe to wait for the rest of the group to be done?

We will be booking through the ship.

Thanks in advance!

I see that you are on your cruise right now. Did you find out if it was possible for someone to ride with you on the bus but wait at the cafe? We have a friend that wants to do that to. I hope I hear back from you.

Thanks and I hope you enjoyed your cruise! jannyb

hey there---

we just booked this thru RCI for a september cruise. i saw that it said no cameras but i figured i would just stick it in my pocket and who would care. with all the time waiting between ziplines, ropey things, etc. wouldn't i have plenty of time to take a few pics? am i fooling myself??

thanks for any feedback!

Archived