Just booked Noordam for Oct 2007.

Johnsy81

I've been watching the prices for the Fall 2007 Caribbean cruises out of New York. I finally found a price that I could work with but the cabins we wanted weren't showing up as available. Called a few Internet travel agencies and wasn't too thrilled with the responses - I got the impression they were reading from a script and couldn't answer specific questions about the ship or itinerary. Through CC, I found a TA who knows her stuff and has been on just about every ship out there, including the Noordam. I gave her cabin #s we were interested in, she called HAL, and found that a couple were available. We put our deposit down today on a VE (cabin #5119 - deck 5). This is our first balcony and we're so excited...now, all we have to do is wait.

I'd love to hear from those of you who have been on Noordam with your suggestions of the "must dos" while on board. We've requested late seating in the dining room, and I've requested a table for 8 on the upper level. The itinerary has us going to Grand Turk, Tortola, St Marten and St Thomas (we've been to these islands before) and San Juan. I will continue to search these boards for things to do and see on the islands but am always interested to hear from those who have been with suggestions and recommendations.

Thank you to everyone for making this such an information board.

Sounds like you're doing the 10-day cruise. Congratulations on booking a nice trip---and with your first balcony! Very nice.

If you're looking for information about this particular cruise, and the Noordam in general---Revneal did a thorough report of the maiden voyage; search around and you should be able to find it.

I suggest you find one of his posts, click on his name then on the first choice. Then you get an opportunity to select threads he has initiated.

It should be fairly easy to find this way.

I, too, did a daily report from the 3rd cruise. It's called The Happy Wander Tackles The Noordam.

I hope this helps.

Have Bong show you how he makes a perfect Martini at the Olive Pit.

Play Music Trivia w/ DJ Jazzy in the Northern Lights.

Enjoy a Wang Wang in the Piano Bar with Kory - and buy him one too!

Have a fancy coffee and nibblies in the Explorations Cafe while posting here. :D

Enjoy a Wang Wang in the Piano Bar with Kory - and buy him one too!

Sorry to say, Kory's contract was ending this month. When I sailed in March he had not made continuing plans with HAL. :( Way too bad, too. He's good.

Aloha Pride: December...I'm jealous! Please do post your review when you return. We decided to book so far in advance because we wanted a particular cabin. We did this with our last cruise...booked August 2003 for a November 2004 sailing on QM2. I was actually surprised at how fast the time went (I am a firm believer that time goes much faster as I age).

To everyone else: thanks for the great advice and reviews. I've printed and filed them all for future reference.

Have a great day.

Archived