Free Amenities For Groups??

seahawk8292

Does anyone know the free amenties that Princess offers to groups? Do they offer certain items per number of cabins booked? How about shipboard credit? I am the organizer of a group sailing with 100 people and was wondering what to expect from Princess. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know the free amenties that Princess offers to groups? Do they offer certain items per number of cabins booked? How about shipboard credit? I am the organizer of a group sailing with 100 people and was wondering what to expect from Princess. Any help would be appreciated.

the first thing u can ask for is getting your own cabin free, for sending them 100 people,shipboard credit too.

they'll be doin' some free champagne come together, at least we got for a much smaller group.just ask for it...

Hey there!

for every 8 cabins you get a free berth less taxes and port charges. the Berth will be the category most booked

Also dependent on your cruise, you will get a number of points to use for amenities for the group. you can do this any way you choose. shipboard credit, champagne int eh room, photo credits etc. Just ask the TA you are aranging it thru to walk you thru it!

HAVE FUN!

I was with a group last year on the Caribbean and we received a bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries, photo credit and a private cocktail party where Princess was buying the drinks simply for being part of the group. Oddly we weren't 'officially' part of them - there were 8 of us. My mom is a TA and she found out that a group from an agency down the road from hers was going so she checked and was able to get us 'in with them.' We got the discounts on the rooms along with all the 'freebies' and they got credit for 8 more people - 4 mini-suites. It was extra nice when you consider what my mom sent us as our travel agent - the verandah breakfast, and the champagne you get for being in a mini-suite let alone what Princess does as I am platinum. For that first day we really felt like VIPs as free things just kept arriving in our cabin.

I just finished organizing a family group of 17 persons, booked directly with Princess and got the 8 cabin/1 berth free and a few cabin upgrades $50-$100 discount. NOTHING ELSE except alot of runaround and aggravation!! Been working since January ... calling (800)PRINCESS many many many times.

About a month ago, a Princess agent literally chewed me out for not going through a TA. Said that everything would have been handled by the TA AND TA's tend to offer even better perks. TA's handle all the registration, special requests and know all the timeline requirements. I've been working these issues for months.

Until final payment, you can transfer your reservations from booking directly with Princess to having a TA handle everything.

Shop around and get the best perks offered and go with a TA that does lots of cruises.

Good Luck!

.........About a month ago, a Princess agent literally chewed me out for not going through a TA. Said that everything would have been handled by the TA AND TA's tend to offer even better perks.

Sounds like a Princess agent that needs a new line of work. ;)

Actually, by booking through a TA, you can save yourself a lot of time and aggravation and get the same, or more, perks. The Princess rep shouldn't have chewed you out but it is good advice.

Clarification, Princess Agent didn't chew me out - just questioned why I didn't go throught a TA to handle all the group issues - stated that many of my problems and questions would have been easily handled by the TA versus many many hours on the phone with Princess.

Princess 800 Number Reps have been COURTEOUS and PLEASANT.

The major problem was Direct Group Reservation Package Information is managed by an invisible department who answers questions through the Princess Agent. I would call Princess, ask a group question, they would contact this department, ask the question, relay the answer back to me. If I had another question .... the same round circle.

Archived