dining room attire

obnurse

Ok, you guys, I was just surfing the "cruise fashions" board and I started getting nervous! We've cruised twice before and this is our first cruise with CCL. We're taking our 2 kids for the first time so I wanted to pack a bit lighter to cut down on the luggage. I'm clear on formal night attire. But, am I going to be underdressed for regular dinners in dining room with a tropical print capri outfit with white sandals? I guess I kind of think CCL caters to families and that maybe the regular evenings would be a little more casual than some other cruise lines. I know...not jeans, shorts or t-shirts. I wouldn't even think of it, and my husband is clear on his attire. Kids are set, too. Just worrying about ME! Cruising in a week and a half. Do I need to shop some more?

Hi.........and wonderful, happy wishes for you upcoming cruise! I wore Capri outfits three of the 7 nights of our recent Carnival Miracle cruise. I am so glad that I brought them and nice low heeled sandle type shoes. I felt in place and properly attired and was very comfortable. Mostly everyone on the ship always dressed nicely for dinner in the dining room. Sort of like what you would wear to Church, Country Club or out for dinner in the summer in a nice restaurant. No ties on casual night for the men just nice sport shirts and slacks. The children, there were 900 on our cruise, were always dressed appropriatly esp. the little girls. You understand the dress code requested by Carninal so I think you will be perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best for a Great Cruise!

Archived