?'s re embarkation at Cape Liberty, NJ

karensi

Hi, leaving on Zenith on July 22nd. My friend and I live close by (Staten Island) and are wondering if anyone has any info on what time they let you board? Also, is the spa open when you board? I would like to go to make reservations for a spa treatment or two! I've done this many times on RCI (booked the spa as soon as we boarded) but this is my first time on X. Thanks so much for any info. Karen

I would imagine that you'll be able to board about noon. The spa is open when you board for you to make reservations. The earlier you book, the more likely you'll be able to get your preferred time.

The time they let you board is always dependent on when the prior cruisers have left and when the ship has been cleaned and prepared. I have gotten on as early as 10:30 when boarding was scheduled for 1. You never really know ahead of time.

I sailed in mid-May. They started the boarding process around 10 minutes to 12. We were onboard by 12:15. We had some lunch, and then dropped our carryons in our cabin, and went up to the spa and made some reservations. I got a hair cut and color on the first sea day, they did foils in three different colors and it came out great!

The trip was excellent. The weather could have been better, but we still had a great time. Be sure to plan to check out a couple of beaches, maybe try the Crystal Cave, but be advised it is a steep climb. We enjoyed riding the buses and just mingling with people.

Hi All:

Just got off the Explorer two weeks ago, and thinking of doing the Zenith in September.

Last year in Philly my mother had a terrible gangway experience on the Enchantment. Now she is very cautious when booking cruises.

When we boarded the Explorer a couple of weeks ago, I saw a large portable stairway that I assume is used for the Zenith since we were at ground level for the Explorer. I made the mistake of saying something to my mother that it is probably used for Zenith.

Last week I called Cape Liberty and they said you have the option of boarding via the stairway or the gangway at ground level. If someone can comfirm this, it will save me a phone call to "Special Needs". She is 69 years old, anxious, and has a lung condition.

Thanks a bunch

Archived