Cruise Consultant- The Perfect Job

hammybee

BTW - If there was a way for a PH pax to get a private auduence with the future cruise consulant, it wasn't happenin on Noordam - the future cruise consultant was either not at her station, or the line was into the atrium -

:(

I'm sure that if she does private appointments, they are on "off hours" at her regular workstation in the atrium.

I doubt very much that if a person paying big bucks for a penthouse suite ... or one of the other luxury-type suites ... is interested in booking a World Cruise or some other such expensive voyage ... that they would be denied a "private audience" with the future cruise consultant in their suite. Let's face it, if YOU were the consultant ... and were looking at the possibility of that fat commission ... would you deny the passenger the courtesy of an in suite visit if such were requested? :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I'm sure that if she does private appointments, they are on "off hours" at her regular workstation in the atrium.

I doubt very much that if a person paying big bucks for a penthouse suite ... or one of the other luxury-type suites ... is interested in booking a World Cruise or some other such expensive voyage ... that they would be denied a "private audience" with the future cruise consultant in their suite. Let's face it, if YOU were the consultant ... and were looking at the possibility of that fat commission ... would you deny the passenger the courtesy of an in suite visit if such were requested? :)

Do you have information that this is the case, though? Or are you speculating?

Do you have information that this is the case, though? Or are you speculating?

Let's just say I was listening in on another private conversation where the subject of just such a visit ... and one heck of a booking ... came up. :)

I don't know what was booked ... nor what accommodations they were staying in ... but these particular folks (three gentlemen ... I'm not sure if they were all in the same suite or not) had the hotel manager joining them in the dining room on several nights, as well as some other officers on other nights. They also seemed to have other staff members stopping to speak with them quite often ... both in the dining room and on the rear Lido deck. Obviously, they were well known to the ship's staff and were staying in one of the premium suites. I used to smoke out there on the rear Lido deck (as did this group) and enjoyed several of their conversations. :) They made some nice bookings during this cruise. One of them was wearing a World Cruise sweatshirt from another year ... and from what I gathered, they traveled quite a bit.

Ahhhhhh, to have those kinds of bucks. :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

Let's just say I was listening in on another private conversation where the subject of just such a visit ... and one heck of a booking ... came up. :)

I don't know what was booked ... nor what accommodations they were staying in ... but these particular folks (three gentlemen ... I'm not sure if they were all in the same suite or not) had the hotel manager joining them in the dining room on several nights, as well as some other officers on other nights. They also seemed to have other staff members stopping to speak with them quite often ... both in the dining room and on the rear Lido deck. Obviously, they were well known to the ship's staff and were staying in one of the premium suites. I used to smoke out there on the rear Lido deck (as did this group) and enjoyed several of their conversations. :) They made some nice bookings during this cruise. One of them was wearing a World Cruise sweatshirt from another year ... and from what I gathered, they traveled quite a bit.

Ahhhhhh, to have those kinds of bucks. :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

Rita--

Which cruise was this?

I have the feeling that I know the gentlemen you're speaking of...

You have made me curious so I sent an email to HAL HR with an inquiry about the position of cruise consultant. If I do not hear back, I'll give them a call. I continue to believe that it's a salaried position with incentives, probably a step up from inside sales and most likely filled from within the company.

I'll let you know what I find out.

I'm really surprised. From what I'm reading, you're saying that the Cruise Consultants don't take private appointments?

On Celebrity, as a member of Captain's Club we've received an invitation in our stateroom to join the Cruise Consultant (can't remember the title on Celebrity) for a private consultation and I always have done this. It's a wonderful service, you book right there and are given the comparable shipboard credit. When you get home you can simply transfer the booking to your own TA.

I really surprised HAL doesn't do this for their Mariner members.

Even booking the world cruise, there are only a handful of PS and full suites.

$7.0 million is a lot of bookings.. if you figure 1325 pax onboard, each passenger would have to book in excess of $5200.

It is commission-based with a very small stipend for salary.

BTW, that $7.000,000 includes port and tax which are not commissionable.

And they do not make anywhere near the % travel agencies make.

Archived