portofinos

What is the best day to have dinner at portofinos?

We did Chops on Wednesday night aboard the Mariner. A good idea is to ask your waiter on the first night of the cruise as to which is the best night to miss dinner. They will have a good idea of the menu for the week.

Could someone tell me whether the meal at Portofinos is a la carte or a tasting menu?

To explain my question a little better, when we ate at the specialty restaurant on Princess (Sabattini's), you chose your entree, but everything else was all inclusive - all the appetizers - hot and cold, all the pastas, etc., were brought out to the table. It was really much more food than we were expecting. I was wondering whether this is also the way the meal at Portofinos is served.

Could someone tell me whether the meal at Portofinos is a la carte or a tasting menu?

To explain my question a little better, when we ate at the specialty restaurant on Princess (Sabattini's), you chose your entree, but everything else was all inclusive - all the appetizers - hot and cold, all the pastas, etc., were brought out to the table. It was really much more food than we were expecting. I was wondering whether this is also the way the meal at Portofinos is served.

When we ate at Portofino's on the Radiance, and ordered one item from each section of the menu...but then our waiter brought one more of any dish that no one at our table ordered, so we could try everything. But the portion sizes are "normal"; they are not "tasting" menu size portions.

I would not recommend a specialty restaurant on a port intensive day. You'll be paying extra for your meal and don't want to be too exhausted to enjoy it! Our last cruise, friends decided to book Chops on Caribbean night. This was after a full day in Aruba. They truly regretted doing that--barely made it to dessert! Said they would have preferred being more alert and relaxed while enjoying what was a delicious meal.

Archived