Fantasy Review 6/19-6/24

jsome72

What type of cabin were you in?

Did they have the chocolate buffet (that everyone is talking about)?

Are the shops on the ship open when you are tendered at HMC?

Thanks in advance!:D

OK just founf the Capers. The gift shops are closed the day you are in Half Moon Cay. They are open 9am until 11a. They reopen at 4pm.

I saw no mention of a chocolate buffet in the Capers. The Grand Gala buffet is on Tuesday night if you sail on Monday. Don't know if they had chocolate there since I didn't go.

Our waiter usually told us everything that was going on that evening and the next day and he never mentioned it either.

Hope this is more helpful then my other response!:p

Bill

Thanks so much for the review as my family and I will be taking our first cruise on the Fantasy on July 8th...We are way too excited and love reading anything and everything about Carnival and the Fantasy in particular...It sounds like you had a wonderful time and really make me want to leave tommorrow!!!!!We are taking my mother who is a young 69 and she has cruised several times before...but the rest of us (me, husband both in our early 40's and then the two kids:son 16 and daughter 7) have never been on a cruise so been pouring through these boards to read all the great reviews and have gotten some really good tips for first timers...thanks to everyone for what they've written..you have no idea how helpful all of you have been. Only 12 days to go.....

We where on this same cruise but did the late dinner every night. your 7 year should love camp carnival as much as ours did.

We did snorkling on both grand truk and half moon great fun , but more fish to see at half moon .

We had u79 as our room and you could really never feel a lot of motion and even with the door to the balcony open never a lot of noise from the ship

If you get a chance you will have agreat time on this ship

Skyscanr---Thanks for the snorkeling tips...My son really wants to do the snorkeling thing...Did you rent the equipment or bring your own and is it readily available on the beach???Dont really want to book many excurisions with this being our first time..Just kinda want to explore on our own...So snorkeling sounds pretty good...My daughter can play on the beach with Grandma while my husband, son and I go snorkeling...Did your 7 year old have any problem with motion sickness while you were on the cruise??My daughter gets carsick pretty easily and I am wondering if I should start a preventative medication before we leave or just see how she handles it (along with the rest of us)--Any suggestions on that??Oh and also..do they have chocolate milk on board??Sounds like a stupid question but my daughter has already asked...Its her staple drink and pretty much the only way I can get milk down her belly :)Love reading all the posts by you seasoned cruisers and have really gotten some great info...Even found the free margarita coupons on www.margaritavillecarribean.com when I found the salt shaker on their website..Did you hit Margaritaville in Grand Turk??My son is really looking forward to that when he saw the pool online...Thanks again for the tips...Newbie From Mississippi

Skyscanr---Thanks for the snorkeling tips...My son really wants to do the snorkeling thing...Did you rent the equipment or bring your own and is it readily available on the beach???

Newbiefromms: At HMC, they have a little stand near the entrance to the beach where you can rent snorkel equipment, floats, etc... They charge it to your S&S Card. We took our own equipment. You may just want to buy an inexpensive mask and snorkel though. No need for fins at HMC in my opinion. Not only will you not have to rent their equipment, but you won't have to think about how many mouths have been on that rented snorkel.

Archived