How sad P & O

Watching the news regarding the Dianne Brimble story is quite sad as this victim could easliy been a daughter or sister or partner to anyone of us.

I believe that P&O have acted very poorly in this case and pretty much tried to shift the blame on to others and have NOT acted in the best interests of people concerned, nor have htey given any confidence to future passengers that this sort of thing will never happen again. Have P&O ever heard of the expression " Duty of Care"?

As for me and my family, we're done with P&O and don't even choose to remember the cruises we've been on with them. In this day and age, passengers should be assured of their comfort and safety, P&O obviously just want your money.

How sad P&O, once a great company, now nothing more then a cheap poor excuse for a business. Love boat, I doubt it.

Watching the news regarding the Dianne Brimble story is quite sad as this victim could easliy been a daughter or sister or partner to anyone of us.

I believe that P&O have acted very poorly in this case and pretty much tried to shift the blame on to others and have NOT acted in the best interests of people concerned, nor have htey given any confidence to future passengers that this sort of thing will never happen again. Have P&O ever heard of the expression " Duty of Care"?

As for me and my family, we're done with P&O and don't even choose to remember the cruises we've been on with them. In this day and age, passengers should be assured of their comfort and safety, P&O obviously just want your money.

How sad P&O, once a great company, now nothing more then a cheap poor excuse for a business. Love boat, I doubt it.

I think you should check this site out before you make up your mind as they are not alone when it comes to covering up things to protect their image..http://www.internationalcruisevictims.org/OurStories/tabid/53/ctl/Details/mid/366/ItemID/34/Default.aspx

Southseasvoyagers, would I be correct in assuming that you have given up cruising altogether? That's the only way you could "play it safe" as these things happen on other cruise lines as well.

Karen

I notice you still have your P&O cruises listed in your signature southseavoyager.

Karmac, more room for the rest of us on P&O if southseas doesn't go on anymore of them. I think it is biased reporting and it is a pity P&O didn't make a statement last night. But then, people wouldn't believe them anyway more than likely. Those guys on the news item last night were the slimiest of the slimiest I have seen. I wouldn't believe a word any of them said. They are trying to put all the blame on the poor woman.

Southseasvoyager, do you live in NSW?? If you do, are you going to move to another state? Because if you aren't going to cruise on P&O because of their handling of this tragic incident, then you also can't trust the NSW Police or the NSW Justice system, who also handled this case extremely poorly.

I'm an not saying that this case isn't horrible, and that the staff onboard the ship, and indeed the company itself, couldn't have done better - but you also have to remember that they were dealing with a situation that had never happened on an Australian based cruise ship in the past (or indeed since).

More importantly I think that all need to realise that this can, will and does happen in hotels, resorts etc, anywhere at all and people need to be vigilent at all times in these places not only on a cruise ship be it p&o or whatever.

More importantly I think that all need to realise that this can, will and does happen in hotels, resorts etc, anywhere at all

And far more regularly than on a cruise ship, but we very rarely here about these incidents.

people need to be vigilent at all times in these places not only on a cruise ship be it p&o or whatever.

Absolutely.

And yes I will remove myself from this site so as not to offend anyone.

Come on southseavoyagers. Don't take such drastic action. This is a forum after all. It is a place where we discuss different aspects of cruising, both positive and negative.

If everyone left after making a negative comment, because they thought they offended someone,there would be nobody on these boards!!

Admittedly, I do agree that P&O didn't act in the right manner, as has other cruise lines in the past, and continue to do so!!

I think that everybody has to be responsible for their own actions, and to be careful while on board, and to take note of anything suspicious.

The two cruises I have been on have been incident free (as far as I am aware of), as no doubt word spreads pretty quickly on a ship if something goes wrong eg a passenger died on our Alaska cruise, and we heard it at dinner that night.

The marketing used here is different to those overseas. Here it is targetted more towards families and young people. Just take a look in the brochure. I have Dec05 to April 07's brochure.They are at discos, and bars and always seem to have alcohol in their hands!!

If you take a look at overseas marketing, it is geared more towards family and middle age (40's & 50's). It amazes me to see families of 20 or more people cruising together.

I'm trying to get my mum on a Pacific cruise, but she flatly refuses to go P&O. So it looks like we have to wait for the Princess Sun to come out in 2008. The unfortunate thing is that there is no competition, and we only have P&O to choose from locally.:(

That's my two bobs worth.

To answer a few critics.

I live in another state and have for many years.

Yes, as far as I'm concerned, I'm done with cruising.

And yes I will remove myself from this site so as not to offend anyone.

I don't think anyone has asked you to remove yourself from this site, as previously stated you are certainly welcome and entitled to your views. We need positive and the negative to help others find out information. You have obviously cruised quite a lot and should have plenty of advice to offer so please continue to read these boards and contribute.

Archived