Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Two

CoachTerry14

Also interested between choosing Play Mia or Paradise beach, both have a pool, right, and if so, which is the bigger and/or better pool?

Would imagine the beach area would be the same, what would be less crowded and closer to the pier (we'll be tendering in from the FOS)

Finally, which is the closet taxi wise to some ruins, which ruins would those be, and are there any ruins nearby that are free and we could do a quick visit via taxi?

Thanks in advance

-MACE-

Paradise Beach does not have a pool. I Don't know about the other place.

Was at PB last week and have some pics if you give me your e-mail. Anything in particular you want to see?

Doug

we're sailing 9/11 on enchament and I was trying to decide between paradaside beach and several others so some photo's would be greatly appreciated in my decision making. I was a little dissapointed when I found out they don't have a pool. Sometimes it's just nice to jump in for a moment. I've already got my books so all I need now is a beach chair & the sound of the ocean :D

Also, did you dock or tender?

Thanks!!

Lori

justfourhubs@charter.net

We've been to Playa Mia (aka Playa del Sol) a couple times in the last 5 years (but havene't been there since 2004) and my now 10 year old still loves her memories of past visits, and wants to go again next week when we are on the FOS.

I want to try something new, considering Paradise Beach....does it have a pool as nice as the one at Playa Mia?

Similiar activites and water toys?

I believe admission if free to Paradise but it would cost $8 for use of the water toys?

Which had to be spruced up more since last year's hurricane and which looks the best maintained?

Being interested in the best pool and clear, clean, calm water at the beach, with a true tropical feeling, what would you choose between the two, to entertain a 10 year old

Thanks

-MACE-

I've been to Paradise Beach twice, most recently March. There is no pool, but it gets my vote hands-down! There is a trampoline and inflatable ice berg in the water. The staff is fabulous and so was the food.

We had considered Playa Mia, but when we pulled in the crowds were unbelievable...turned around and headed to Paradise!

Hi furchic, thanks for the reply

Even though Paradise Beach doesn't have a pool, still seems like a good alternative to Playa Mia

Still looking at all options...would you know if San Francisco Beach has similar activites and also a pool?

Thanks,

-MACE-

I'll be leaving on the Truimph for the Western Caribbean next weekend. This will be the third time I've been to Cozumel and I've never been to PB. The first time I was I was in Cozumel, I swam with dolphins and on my second cruise, I swam with sea lions. This time, I think I'd like to try PB. Question . . . should I bring my snorkle? Is there a lot to see? With weight and space confines on the airlines these days . . . I really don't want to bring more than I'll need. As someone who travels alone, if I've read correctly . . . the cab fare will be about $28.00 round trip . . . right? And . . . from what I've read, there is no entrance fee and there are chairs and lounges available?

Lady C,

You're correct in the roundtrip taxi fare being $28.00. (at least it was on my last trip "solo" from the ship to PB was $14 each way). and well worth it, as it is a great place to spend your day in coz.

And, yes, the entrance to PB is free, with plenty of comfy loungechairs with or without an umbella.

As for the snorkle equipment, I am not sure. Maybe someone else could answer that question. I thought I read somewhere a while ago that there was a nice snorkle trail there, but, again, not being a "snorkler" myself, I'm not sure.

Can you help Lady C with her snorkle questions?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Annie

Lady C,

You're correct in the roundtrip taxi fare being $28.00. (at least it was on my last trip "solo" from the ship to PB was $14 each way). and well worth it, as it is a great place to spend your day in coz.

And, yes, the entrance to PB is free, with plenty of comfy loungechairs with or without an umbella.

As for the snorkle equipment, I am not sure. Maybe someone else could answer that question. I thought I read somewhere a while ago that there was a nice snorkle trail there, but, again, not being a "snorkler" myself, I'm not sure.

Can you help Lady C with her snorkle questions?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Annie

Annie, thanks bunches for your help . . . :)

I need some advice. I am planning on going to Paradise Beach while in Cozumel. We planned on staying for at least half the day. Now, RCCL has just added a Cancun Highlight excursion that leaves the pier at 7:30 ship time and returns 4 hours later (11:30AM). Do you think it would be possible to then catch a taxi (at noon), and then go to Paradise Beach and stay until 3pm? Or do you think that we are pushing it?

Any advice?

Coming from Cozumel you will spend most of your time in transit if I read your message correctly and you would be coming from the island.

35 minutes over on the ferry to the mainland. One hour up to Cancun. One hour back from Cancun. 35 minutes back on the ferry. I can't imagine doing all that just to see a little bit of Cancun when there is so much right on Cozumel without that intense travel time.

Carey on Cozumel

cozumelmycozumel.com

One week from today I will be on Paradise Beach!

I don;t like carrying a lot of cash, so will they accept credit cards for JetSkis, massages, etc?

I assume most places do, but would hate to get there and not have enough cash on me to do everything.

Yup, we accept Visa and MC for everything here! :)

Does anyone know if there is a weight limit for parasailing at Paradise Beach. I know Tom is out of the country right now, maybe someone else can answer? Hubby weighs about 230 and is really wanting to parasail this trip. TIA for answers! Leave in one week, in Coz on 8/24!

Hmmm, answer too late for you, but for others...300lbs is the max they can take up. Hope you had a good time!

Does anyone know if there is a weight limit for parasailing at Paradise Beach. I know Tom is out of the country right now, maybe someone else can answer? Hubby weighs about 230 and is really wanting to parasail this trip. TIA for answers! Leave in one week, in Coz on 8/24!

Hmmm, answer too late for you, but for others...300lbs is the max they can take up. Hope you had a good time!

I am looking forward to Paradise Beach as much as I am looking forward to our cruise. My first time there was in June 2005. Shortly afterwards, the hurricane hit. My heart sank. I was glad to hear that Paradise is back. It was such a relaxing and fun time. The food and service were excellent. My sister and I tipped our server extra because he deserved it. We never had to go looking for him. He was always there to get us what we needed. I did not know about Tom last time but I hope he is there when I go back. I want him to know how much I enjoy Paradise Beach and that I have been telling everyone about it.

Thanx for the compliments and I'll see ya next year!:D

How early can we enter Paradise Beach? We are going on the Freedom and its in port from 7-4 ship time. Thats 6-3 Cozumel time right? I don't see myself at the beach at 7 in the morning. Shops arent even open yet. What time does Paradise Beach open?

Even though our service staff doesn't get here till about 9 am, you are most welcome to come earlier and hang out at the beach. The security staff will open the gates (ok...chain!) at about 7am....have fun!

We will be in Cozumel on Saturday, November 4th and were wondering if PB Tom is going to be at the beach on that day. Is that one of your off days, Tom? We plan to spend most of the day there and then do some shopping. Last year while in Coz, we did the Tucan Sailing and it was one of the best excursions we have taken. There were only six passenger and two crew on the whole day excursion which included drinks, eats, spinnaker and good times. But we have decided to visit PB this time around. Look forward to the visit after reading all of the posts.:)

Would someone be able to confirm if the parasailing is strictly a maximum two people, or can 1 adult and 2 slim children fit (combined weight < 300 lbs)? If not, can 2 children under 14 ride by themselves?

The captain of "our" parasail boat just told me that he can take 2 or 3 people up at a time. The max weight is limited to 350lbs on a normal day and can be adjusted down to 300 lbs if it's a particularily windy day. Minimum weight for a single rider is around 30 lbs....have fun!:)

Does anyone know the cost of renting a jet ski on Paradise Beach? Also, can 2 people ride or just one? Thanks!

Waverunners rent for $55USD per half hour or $100USD per hour. 2 people can ride and you can come in and switch off riders/drivers as needed...have fun!

We were just at Paradise beach on Thursday! It is great! They have clean showers, bathrooms, lounge chairs with umbrellas, small tables by your chair, food, drinks even a little shopping. Food and drinks are delivered to you at your lounge chair! I found a beach chair and placed it in the water and had my drink there. Heaven!!:)

Thanx!!!!!

Paradise Beach was a great day for me and my kids DD 10 ( on the day we visited) and DS 8.

Thank you Tom for odering the Bday cakes. My DD has the best Bday ever. We all had a wonderful time at Paradise Beach. We would definitely come back and would love to meet you.

Your staffs were great in all the services we got. "Oso" was very helpful and attentive. The foods were excellent. We would highly recommend Paradise Beach.

Good to know my staff took care of you in my absence! Just saw your email with the pics but haven't opened it yet...will get to it soon. Hasta la vista!:D

We were at PB on 8/17 off the Carnival Inspiration. Next door, at SFB, they had no water toys. Last year, they had the trampoline and iceberg that PB has, but they had neither last week. They also had very few people last week at SFB, too.

I would be mad if I expected some water toys, and paid for an inclusive excursion, only to find the neighbors on the beach had more toys for only $8 a person! Just an FYI...have fun whatever you do!

Yeah...not sure what happened to their toys. I think Wilma got 'em.

Thanx for that nice review, BTW :)

wow so you really do have a workout getting there, up the berg and back to standing room....i think i may try anyway and see how it goes, looks like a lot of fun, im definetely sold on this beach now if 54 days could pass really quick!!!..LOL

Actually, it's about 7-8 ft deep at the iceberg and 5-6ft at the trampoline...easy workout!:D

We just had another visit to PB the first week of Aug. It was probably our 7th visit. The entrance is beautiful they have really landscaped it nice. PB is just a great place! The food is great, drinks even better and the water is beautiful. Goose and Chicken Little, at the bar, treat us like family. Every time we go to Cozumel we think about doing something different, but we just can't think of anywhere we can have as much fun. The funny thing is they have the Best Mac & Cheese and I haven't seen anyone mention it. Marie and Dave

Hey guys, sorry i missed ya...the boys say "hola!":D

Archived