Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Two

CoachTerry14

Finally have a free moment to chime into the responses regarding Paradise Beach. We had a great time there on our first visit (pre-hurricane) and went back 2 weeks ago on the Navigator - taking our daughter and friend. The weather was great, chairs comfortable, staff friendly, water clear, etc. Despite the 20 minute rain - you couldn't ask for a better beach day. We enjoyed some drinks and food while soaking up the sun and had a chance to visit with Tom for a bit. Tom - hope your son is feeling better and gets that immunity built up soon. Hope to see you next year!

Cathy & Jay from Cincinnati!

Only a month away now, I've been warning the new staff!!:eek:OOPS...just saw that yer NOT with SS2!!! Guess I'll hafta wait longer for you!

The snorkel trip leaves at 12:30pm and lasts 2 hours. Check out post #1740 on this page for a review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6248738&highlight=crew#post6248738

Hasta la vista!

Thanks for the link !Will email you to reserve the snorkle trip.

No not with S&Sers this time....so hide some liquor from them so there will some left for us lol !

Cant wait to come back- this will be 4th time.

vicki

Finally have a free moment to chime into the responses regarding Paradise Beach. We had a great time there on our first visit (pre-hurricane) and went back 2 weeks ago on the Navigator - taking our daughter and friend. The weather was great, chairs comfortable, staff friendly, water clear, etc. Despite the 20 minute rain - you couldn't ask for a better beach day. We enjoyed some drinks and food while soaking up the sun and had a chance to visit with Tom for a bit. Tom - hope your son is feeling better and gets that immunity built up soon. Hope to see you next year!

Cathy & Jay from Cincinnati!

Thanx!! My boy is finally over his bronchitis and is back to his fiesty self...hasta la vista!

paradisecozumel

Thanks for the link !Will email you to reserve the snorkle trip.

No not with S&Sers this time....so hide some liquor from them so there will some left for us lol !

Cant wait to come back- this will be 4th time.

vicki

You'll be here a scant 11 days after SS2...not sure if the bar stocks will have had time to recover!!:eek:

paradisecozumel

Hi all,

wanted to know if you book through the ship or just go in a cab on your own? Is there a fee to do the paradise beach if you don't eat the food but have some bears and kids get the bracelet? I am afraid to eat in mexico and was planning on bringing a picnic lunch from the ship. Is this allowed? Also does anyone know if there is time to do bolth the dolphin swim and the beach? and are there waverunners at Paradise beach and how much are they? Thanks for any info and suggestions you can give regarding Cozumel.:confused:

Hi all,

wanted to know if you book through the ship or just go in a cab on your own? Is there a fee to do the paradise beach if you don't eat the food but have some bears and kids get the bracelet? I am afraid to eat in mexico and was planning on bringing a picnic lunch from the ship. Is this allowed? Also does anyone know if there is time to do bolth the dolphin swim and the beach? and are there waverunners at Paradise beach and how much are they? Thanks for any info and suggestions you can give regarding Cozumel.:confused:

You can do Cozumel on your own...no problem. Very safe and fun. There are taxis everywhere so when you get ready to come back to the ship, they will be there. And if for some reason they are not, Paradise Beach will make a call and before you know it...transportation will be there!!

The taxi will be $12-14 per taxi for 4 one way.

I know what you mean about eating in Mexico. I am the pickiest person you will ever meet. However, I have been to Cozumel (and Paradise Beach) many times and you can eat and drink anything there SAFELY! Paradise Beach is run by a very handsome Canadian transplant (sorry, he is taken) named Tom.

He and his staff pride themselves on the quality of their food, drinks and experience they offer.

Paradise Beach does not charge an entrance fee. There is an $8 fee for a wristband if you want to play on their non-motorized toys. This includes snorkeling from the beach (there is a $10 deposit that you will get back when you return the equipment). Now snorkeling from the beach isn't the best...but since it is included...if you have never done it before...it will be fun.

However, the wristbands are optional. If you are like us, (we have a special needs child that just plays in the sand) no wristband purchase is required.

The chairs, tables, loungers and shade are all free. They do ask that you eat and/or drink with them. Please do not bring a "picnic" (food) from the ship. There are things that "can be" on the lettuce or fruits that Cozumel does not want their environment exposed to. The only exception is a small sealed box of cereal.

Waverunners are about $35 for 1/2 hour. They are available there next to Paradise Beach.

The dolphins (to my knowledge) are only available at Chank. Park and that is best booked through the ship since it fills up quickly.

You can't go wrong with a day at Paradise Beach for a fun time that doesn't break the bank. Also, don't freak out if someone hands you a bill for one drink and it says $52.50. That is in pecos (about $5.25 American)

Have a great time!

Hi Tom,

I have been on these boards all day trying to figure out the perfect place for me and my family to go on Cozumel and thanks to you and all the great things everyone writes, I know I can't go wrong at Paradise. I was just wondering if we would have time for both the dolphin swim and the beach, our ship does not get in until 11:00 am on the 29th of dec. There are 15 of us and some of us would like to rent wave runners as the others would like to just relax and have some drinks I know I want to do it all if I can. Any info regarding time frames and weather that time of year would be helpful. Can't wait to meet you.:)

Hey Tom! Counting the days till our next visit (annual Jan cruise w/ sister in law) Seems like your busier than ever and Paradise beach his a must now for most people. Good for business I guess;)

Question for ya, Wondering about jet ski rentals, can you share the time with 2 poeple, say my SIL and I want to share the time do they allow that? And is it running about $35 1/2 hour?

Hope all is well and your vacation was good. See you in January.

Myssie (MAO)

I had planned on going to Paradise Beach and then shopping in town but my DH found the excursion to Xcaret which also sounds really nice. Any comments or suggestions about which to do? Thanks - we'll be leaving from Galveston on the Rhapsody on Oct. 8 and arriving in Cozumel on the 12. We'll be tendering as well.....

I would only do the Xcaret if you use a ship excursion. Based on the Carnival trip there is a lot of transfer travel involved. (ferry, taxi, etc)

On this excursion you will:

Board a ferry in Cozumel for a 40-minute ride to Playa Del Carmen.

Take a 15-minute scenic ride to the park.

Take a Mayan swim as you float for 30 minutes on the surface of an underground river.

Swim in the lagoons, natural pools, channels and cenotes.

Explore the underwater archeological site; visit the museum of Mayan Cities, the aquarium, and butterfly pavilion or the bird-breeding aviary.

Eat lunch such as fresh seafood, authentic Mexican dishes as well as snack bar items at one of the many restaurants on site.

Head back to Playa Del Carmen and catch the ferry for your return trip to Cozumel.

Carnival charges $79.00 a person...I don't know about Rhapsody.

Most folks that I know do this trip when their ship has Playa Del Carmen as their port to eliminate all the travel time needed from Cozumel. But if you do a ship excursion, then they have to wait for you and you have no worries!

Paradise beach is more of a beach with slopping sand to the water, chankanaab is a beach and is very beautiful but no access to the water, except for rocky areas with steps.

I would still choose Chankanaab, i have been there 4 times with my kids who love to snorkel so because of the rocky area the snorkeling is very good.

Sorry if i did not explain that to well, i could see the visual in my head but had a hard time writing it out.

I was wondering if anyone has parasailed at paradise beach.My teenagers are interested in parasailing while the adults stay on the beach. What was the cost? Do they pick you up at the beach.? Can you prebook it? Is it safe? Thanks for any help.

a great response, totally accurate. We went to PB for the first time back in February and I had the same concern about eating/drinking as OP, but visited this board, and PB Tom himself replied that everything, including the ice, is made with purified bottled water, and that if such wasn't the case and guests were getting sick, word would be out in no time, all over the net, and he'd be out of business--which made sense to a cynic like me. So I went, just 4 of us hopping in a cab, no problem, we got lounges and an umbrella, no problem, we ate, we drank, the bathrooms were new & clean, and plenty of taxis waiting to take us straight back

We were there last week and had such a great time! I loved the beach, the water was so lovely (walk over to the right-hand side of the beach to avoid the rocks), the food and drinks were great (nachos, beers and pina coladas). Our waiter even came over a few times and poured a tequila drink in our mouths free of charge. We left that place a little tispy!

It was so nice, and we even had the pleasure of meeting Paradise Beach Tom--what a great guy.

I would highly recommned this beach to anyone, and we'll definitely be back for our next cruise.

This was my first time, so it was hard to know if anything was new. Beers were $14 for a bucket of 5. Nachos were $7. Our waiter came by a few times and poured a yummy bright-blue tequila drink in our mouths free of charge. Mmmmm...

The beach is still a bit rough from the hurricane damage (exposed rock, less sand), but you can see how hard they are working to get everything fixed up. Everyone was enjoying the kayaks, snorkeling equipment, iceberg floaty thing, etc. It was a really nice day.

Archived