Staying in Rome

We are traveling with 6 couples taking a Med cruise Oct 4-16, 2007. We wish to stay in Rome for a couple of days after the cruise to tour. We know nothing about where to stay and the more I read on line the more confused I get. We read B & B's are very charming but may not be able to accomodate that many people.

The bottom line is we need some recommendations. HELP!

We are traveling with 6 couples taking a Med cruise Oct 4-16, 2007. We wish to stay in Rome for a couple of days after the cruise to tour. We know nothing about where to stay and the more I read on line the more confused I get. We read B & B's are very charming but may not be able to accomodate that many people.

The bottom line is we need some recommendations. HELP!

There really is a lot of info on this board re hotels in Rome if you just search page by page looking for Rome in the thread.There are so many hotels in Rome,and since you don't say your price range it is hard to give ananswer,but here is a link for searching for hotels that show the areas where the hotels are located.I suggest city center maeaning the Trevi,Panetheon,or Colosso areas and the hotels are given by price although that can change.Know that rooms in the hotels are on the small side.Most offer a breakfast some don't.I am sure you will get other replies as to more places to stay.You can also chack out TripAdvisor for more info..link is here too.

Hotel reservations - Venere.com

Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvi

try the Aurelia Residence. cost about 1850 week for very large apartment that sleeps 6-8. Comes complete all you add is some food from the supermacardo down at the corner.

Huge breakfast close to vatican, bus, taxi, great small local places to eat. Super service by staff.

Only draw back you do need to bus to the other side of the Tiber where most stuff is but you also advoid the crowds which get tiring after a while.

We are going to be staying in Rome in Nov 2006 before catching the Golden Princess for a transatlantic cruise that starts there. We are flying over about a week before and are staying on a small B&B that was highly recommended on trip advisor, the Nicolas Inn.

http://www.nicolasinn.com/index.asp

Here is a link to trip advisor for Rome.

http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g187791-Rome_Lazio-Vacations.html

I also have a yahoo group web site set up for our cruise which includes a link section that has lots of links on what to do, where to stay, etc. when in Rome. If you are interested here is that link.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/goldenprincesstransatlanticnov2006/

From my exploring the internet and reading travel books, Rome has an enormous number of sites to see and things to do so I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

Have a great next cruise.

We stayed at Rome airport Hilton in May. Since we had cruiseline air, we got free transfers to airport from Civitavecchia at embarkation. About $200 on web for std room. Its typical Hilton style. Main advantages are free shuttle every 2 hours each way (45 mins) to downtown historic area from 8am to 8pm and about 200 yards through covered walkway to airline counters. Makes it super easy on departure.

• 3 weeks later...

Following our cruise in November, we are spending 4 days in Rome and have rented an apartment. We booked through

http://www.rentalinrome.com I was able to choose the area I wanted to stay in, all at a very reasonable price. For 5 of us it is 125.00 Euros a nite.

There is a wide selection to choose from on that site, or google apartment rentals in rome.

this is a great site with pictures, descriptions, and reviews. click on the area of the city you want to be in then explore. we like via veneto north of the train station. bargain but good, "the regency" not a bargain but great, "la residenza"

Archived