Cafe Caribe Questions.......

stefs111

I have some questions about cafe caribe on CB, if you would be kind enough to answer for me.

What nites are there crab legs?

I heard that there are two nites of lobster, which ones?

Can you get some stuff from horizon and then from cafe caribe, what I mean is are they close enough to each other, because on the ship deck maps, there seems to be a hallway with elevators between them.

Thank You,

Stefani

Cafe Caribbe is literally just an extension of the Horizon Court. You walk out the door of Horizon and into the door of the Caribe. I know they have lobster claws, crab and shrimp the on the first night. This is the only night that we went up to the buffet.

There are lobster tails the first night at the seafood buffet (which we feel is not to be missed!!) and lobster on the second formal night (Thursday). I'm not sure if there are crab legs other than the first night at the seafood buffet. As was said, the Horizon Court and Caribe Cafe are one right after the other. The elevators are right there in between them.

I have some questions about cafe caribe on CB, if you would be kind enough to answer for me.

What nites are there crab legs?

I heard that there are two nites of lobster, which ones?

Can you get some stuff from horizon and then from cafe caribe, what I mean is are they close enough to each other, because on the ship deck maps, there seems to be a hallway with elevators between them.

Thank You,

Stefani

Most of the time the Horizon Court and caribe cafe are not opened at the same time, You can sit and eat in either one but usually only one is serving food.

Bill

Also, Cafe Caribe side tends to specialize in more caribbean & ethnic foods. The DW and I had dinner there with another CC'er on some sort of an "International" nite and had some really good exotic foods from indonesia & the pacific rim & such.

We found the food more interesting and varied than in the formal dining rooms. It often would have everything that was being served in the dining rooms and then more! Each table at dinner had linen table clothes or placemats with wine glasses and candles. We ate there almost every night.

Most of the time the Horizon Court and caribe cafe are not opened at the same time, You can sit and eat in either one but usually only one is serving food.

Bill

I'm confused. We are planning a CB cruise this fall and have never been on this ship. I thought the Horizon Court was open 24hrs like on the other ships. I have the same problem as the another poster. DH is not a seafood person. I was hoping I could pick from Caribe and he from Horizon and then just eat together in Caribe. Sounds like this would not be possible.

I'm confused. We are planning a CB cruise this fall and have never been on this ship. I thought the Horizon Court was open 24hrs like on the other ships. I have the same problem as the another poster. DH is not a seafood person. I was hoping I could pick from Caribe and he from Horizon and then just eat together in Caribe. Sounds like this would not be possible.

Between the two of them they are open 24 hours. For the main breakfast and lunch hours, both are open. For dinner, just the Cafe Caribe is open but they do have seafood and non-seafood items every night. Your DH should have no problem finding something to eat!

We've never had a problem with the Horizon Court or Cafe Caribe being too crowded. Sometimes the first couple of days, the people that are new to the ship, think they have to wait in line and go through in order so that creates lines. It takes a couple of days and everyone figures out that you can just go around and get the things you want without waiting and the lines die down.

There are always tables as you can sit either in the Caribe Cafe area or the Horizon Court. When the ship was new they tried to keep the table sitting separated and it caused a real shortage of tables. Of course, there were many people that went in and sat where they wanted anyway. Princess soon learned that it would work better that way and now there are no problems finding tables.

Wonderful steaks after 11pm in the Caribe Cafe if you're into eating a late night snack!!!! We've heard they are the same steaks that they serve in the Sterling Steak House. We just know they are fabulous!!

There really is not a big difference for those of you that are use to the Horizon Court and not a Caribe Cafe, (except the menu that you can order from in the evenings) Just remember--the buffet is ALWAYS open!!!! If it's not on one side it's the other, or if it's not the Horizon Court it's the Caribe Cafe (which are right next to each other). Wonderful choices!!!! We just love the Caribbean Princess!!!! :D

Archived