stockholder credit

shereemcg

i have used this on carnival without issue. princess will not apply it since i have the credit from the brochure credit. they say can't have 2 promotional credits on one sailing.

the stockholder credit shouldn't be considered promotional. it is a perk for being a ccl shareholder. ccl lets you use it with other credits.

anyone have any insight?

thanks!

sheree

i have used this on carnival without issue. princess will not apply it since i have the credit from the brochure credit. they say can't have 2 promotional credits on one sailing.

the stockholder credit shouldn't be considered promotional. it is a perk for being a ccl shareholder. ccl lets you use it with other credits.

anyone have any insight?

thanks!

sheree

Not combinable with certain other credits from Princess, Future Cruise Credits, and special promo rates(?).

I've had the same problem with trying to get shareholder credit with other cruise credits with Princess and feel they should change their policy but unfortunately I don't think they will.

Have a great next cruise anyway.

It is not Princess that is at fault. The basic "rules" for on board credits not being combinable is from CCL. CCL's Annual Report states that the CCL on board credit cannot be combined with anyother on board credit. Princess is simply following the "rules".

i spoke to ccl, they do combine, each line makes up their own rules.

i have gotten the perk with ccl group cruises, other obc's etc.

ccl calls it a perk, princess calls it a promotion.

Here's a link

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/NYS/ccl/reports/CCP05AR.pdf

you'll have to go to page 7. I just checked the link and it takes you back to the first page.

To the shareholder benefits page. This should answer your questions. You should also have a copy of this annual report that was mailed to shareholders.

I agree it doesn't seem fair that they won't honour it if you have other "credits."

It shouldn't make any difference if your travel agent gives an on board credit and you "finance" the company when you book a future cruise. That is how the "future cruise" credit works, in my opinion, and you don't get any interest on your money, do you? (We haven't done the future cruise prebooking so I'm not sure on this.)

However, I can't think of many other companies who offer a discount on their products to their stockholders. The bigger ones used to, I think in the '60's. '70's and maybe the '80's but I can't think of any in the past couple of decades. I was surprised that CCL did.

It shouldn't make any difference if your travel agent gives an on board credit and you "finance" the company when you book a future cruise. That is how the "future cruise" credit works, in my opinion, and you don't get any interest on your money, do you? (We haven't done the future cruise prebooking so I'm not sure on this.)

No, you dont get any interest from the deposits - but the OBC you get in return is many times more than any interest you may earn with that measly $100 per person.

The minimum OBC you would get from the FCC is $25 per person on a 7-day inside cabin. Assuming you did not use your FCC till the last month of its life - that is 4 years from the date you put down the money, you still get 6.25% per year on your $100.

If you book a 10 day inside, you get $75 per person - that is 18.75% per year on your $100.

Yes, it sucks Princess wont let us combine shareholder credit with virtually any other OBC (the OBC from FCC used was combinable 2 years ago). But the OBC from FCC is the unique benefit no any other cruise line provides, and that can be combined with most any other promo OBCs, such as group credit.

The shareholder credit can come in handy when you dont have any other credit available, you can buy 100 shares of CCL a few weeks before your sailing date and receive your shareholder credit. (it takes a week to 10 days for Princess to process it after you send in the info). We have done this a couple times.

My advice is to always have one FCC in the book. Otherwise, you would be losing out like we did last Dec - we did not have any FCC when a 10day X'mas sailing came along with terrific price, and we received $100 per cabin group credit as well - however, we could have another $200 credit if we had made Future Cruise booking in Sept when we did an Alaska SB.

we have gotten fcc on other cruise lines (NCL being one)

i just wish all the ccl lines played by the same rules.

the shareholder credit is a perk, and a nice one! which we've used in the past, combinable!

oh well

another of my party was told it can't be used on a group cruise, she had no other obc's.

Archived