Where can I buy inserts for the middle of the twin beds when pushed together?

snshn3

I have seen it advertised on airplane magazines, but now I am wondering where I can buy these inserts for in between the twin mattresses to make a queen size bed. Usually when they pushed them together, there is that terrible crack that makes it so uncomfortable to snuggle with DH.

go to ImprovementsCatalog.com. They have them for 44.99. Last year on the ncl star we had the beds pushed together and didn't notice any shifting or difference from a regular queen bed.

I have seen it advertised on airplane magazines, but now I am wondering where I can buy these inserts for in between the twin mattresses to make a queen size bed. Usually when they pushed them together, there is that terrible crack that makes it so uncomfortable to snuggle with DH.

Try Linens and Things or Bed, Bath and Beyond. I got mine there and they are less expensive. They are also made differently than the one in the airline magazine and Improvement Catalog. I tried both. The cheaper one was easier to use, more portable and more comfortable. My son uses it on our daybed. He tried both and definitly prefered the Bed, Bath and Beyond type.

Linda

I have to agree...I believe the cruise lines insert these things when they puch the beds together. You'd want to carry a bed insert with you?????

OUt of the 12 cruises I've been on, never have i felt the chasm!

You'll be fine. Don't go to any trouble. Of course it's not your own bed, but it definitly isn't two rubber matresses sitting side-by-side either.

I have noticed different cruise lines do it differently. When we were on one of the Carnival ships (can't remember which it was) they just pushed the 2 beds together. Not sure if it is all Carnival ships, or just certain ones that do it.

But on RCCL, they actually have queen sheets that go across both beds, on top of that insert thing.

It reminds me of a cute story. When we were in London on our honeymoon, they had those kind of twin beds pushed together. And no insert or larger sheets. The floor was hardwood, so beds kept moving when we did. ;) It's not lots of fun on your honeymoon falling in between the crack and one twin bed is pretty tight, even for new lovebirds. :D

Archived