This may sound silly...

This may sound silly....we are avid coke drinkers, about 6-8 can per person per day. Yep!! We drink alot of it. Would it be cheaper to try and bring the soda on board? lets say a 12 pack vs. buying the soda on ship? Would the soda fountain cards be worth the cost? How much does a soda cost on the ship and what size is it? can? bottle? any help....(including the phone number for coke-a-cola anonymous :D ) would be wonderful. Thank you.

Soda cards are a break even point at 5-6 sodas per day ... with as many as you consume, relax buy a soda card and do not worry about lugging them on board....

Now for the casual 1-2 a day person at 1.50 each your better off not getting the soda card.....

Good luck relax and

Sail away.....

John

While we don't drink as much coke as you do, my family does drink alot of it... Now, you don't say where you live, we live only 1 1/2 hours North of the Port so we always bring our own.

And when I say we bring our own, minimum of 3 cases. We have a large rolling duffel bag that we put the soda bottles (plastic) into. We put the soda bottles in there wrapped into a large garbage bag just in case they happen to open.

We have never ever had a problem checking the bag at the Port, the room stewards are more than glad to make sure our ice buckets were always full, and in the one case where we had a refridgerator in the room, we asked the room steward to empty it out and we put our bottles of Coke in it for the week. And yes, we have walked into the Dining Room carrying our own Coke bottes!!!

And, at the end of the cruise, if we have any bottles left (maybe 2-3) we give them to the room steward and then we have an empty bag for all the goodies we purchased during the cruise!!!.

Elaine :)

I would go with the soda card. DH drinks as much if not more then you do and we always get it. If you bring a big insulated mug with you they will refill it non stop. You asked if you receive cans or bottles, with a soda card you receive neither, you receive fountian soda.

You still receive wait service in all areas of the ship. Which is much better then running back to your cabin every time you want a soda.

This may sound silly....we are avid coke drinkers, about 6-8 can per person per day. Yep!! We drink alot of it. Would it be cheaper to try and bring the soda on board? lets say a 12 pack vs. buying the soda on ship? Would the soda fountain cards be worth the cost? How much does a soda cost on the ship and what size is it? can? bottle? any help....(including the phone number for coke-a-cola anonymous :D ) would be wonderful. Thank you.

WOW

I don't think I drink 6-8 cans of that stuff (or something similar) in a month let alone a day!

We drink alot too. It's been a couple of years since I've cruised, but last time I was onboard the cokes they gave were poured from warm cans into cups of ice. I'm a coke purist:p and to me this ruins the coke! So we bought our own and kept theem on ice in the cabin...it was much better. I also like to have coke in the morning rather than coffee and had a hard time finding a bar open to buy them from sometimes at that time.

Don't drink soda but are water drinkers. Aquinafina is the only water DH drinks. In january we have already decided to take the extra bag and fill with water. He will buy the soda card unless we take another bag for coke. Smart idea. DH is the soda drinker.

Wow thats a lot of soda. You should get the soda card otherwise it sounds like you'll be running back to your cabin alot for refills. I'm going to take a six pack of diet dr. pepper with me but probably won't finish it as I like lemonade, ice tea and almost anything that is free.:D I have to count my pennies in order to vacation so I'm afraid I might be considered cheap. Even driving husbands little car now instead of the family van in order to save some on gas. The kids are helping giving up extras knowing we are saving for the cruise.:cool:

Guest YesitDonna

To answer how much the fountain card it, it is $5.50 per day for an adult. I give it to you in that price because you don't have to buy it the first day and if you don't it's $5.50 less then if you did. My friend got one on the last cruise but got it the second day. She knew she would be having a few alcoholic drinks the first day and wouldn't drink the $5.50 worth of soda on day one, so she bought it day two.

To answer how much the fountain card it, it is $5.50 per day for an adult. I give it to you in that price because you don't have to buy it the first day and if you don't it's $5.50 less then if you did. My friend got one on the last cruise but got it the second day. She knew she would be having a few alcoholic drinks the first day and wouldn't drink the $5.50 worth of soda on day one, so she bought it day two.

I never knew that! So even us old dogs can learn something new on here!!

Fountain Fun Card

We will offer to all guests the option to purchase a "Fountain Fun Card" which will allow the guest unlimited soft drinks and juices for the duration of the cruise at a one time purchase price (including 15% gratuities). The Fountain Fun Card can be purchased at any bar on board the ship.

In all locations where beverage service is offered, guests may receive a glass of the soft drink or juice of their choice - one glass will be served at a time and only to the guest whose name appears on the card. The card cannot be used through room service.

NOTE: A 15% gratuity will automatically be added on at the time of purchase of the Fountain Fun Card.

Cruise Guests Under 18 Guests 18 and Older Duration Years of Age Years of Age

2-day cruise: $ 8.00 plus 15% gratuity $11.00 plus 15% gratuity

3-day cruise: $12.00 " " " $16.50 " " "

4-day cruise: $16.00 " " " $22.00 " " "

5-day cruise: $20.00 " " " $27.50 " " "

6-day cruise: $24.00 " " " $33.00 " " "

7-day cruise: $28.00 " " " $38.50 " " "

8-day cruise: $32.00 " " "$44.00 " " "

12-day cruise:$48.00 " " "$66.00 " " "

15-day cruise:$60.00 " " "$82.50 " " "

Archived