Where would you stay!

jckvpa0

If you were going to fly to Barbados what hotel would you suggest.

Would prefer not to spend more than $500.00 a night & would like to be on the beach.

Please, anyone that is knowledgeable about Barbados I would really appreciate your help!

I like Accra Beach Hotel and Bougainvillea which are both on the beach. I might lean more to Accra as the area where it is located is very convienient to dining out,easy to get transport and is close to St.Lawrence Gap.

At the end of our Panama Canal cruise we ended up in Barbados and spent two extra nights at the Accra Beach Hotel. We were lucky to get an up-grade but would recommend it any way. The food there was OK but there is a nice restaurant further along the beach. I believe it was called the Pelican, or Shore Bird or something like that.

For some pictures and description you might visit our web site www.*****.com and click on the Panama Canal section. Barbados is at the end.

We will be in Barbados next January, and have booked both pre and post-stay hotels. You didn't say what month you would be there, and it seems that your

$500 would go MUCH further in the off-season than in the winter. That might impact your choices.

After reading several recommendations on the Seabourne forum, and TripAdvisor, we have settled on Coconut Court Resort for our pre-cruise and the Fairmont Royal Pavilion for after the cruise. The prices for one night are $500 apart! My DH wants to golf at the Royal Westmoreland, which is why we chose the Fairmont. I'll be interested to see if we get $500 extra in value.

The hotels on the West Coast seem to be much pricier than the ones on the Southern part of the island.

I'm sure someone with more experience can give more information. These are just our choices.

Beth

If you were going to fly to Barbados what hotel would you suggest.

Would prefer not to spend more than $500.00 a night & would like to be on the beach.

Please, anyone that is knowledgeable about Barbados I would really appreciate your help!

Two years ago we stayed on Barbados at a hotel called the Tamarind Cove. I loved the experience, since it was halfway up the west coast and convenient to most things. The only problem we had there, and found this was likely true of most hotels, is that the tile flooring gets very slipper when it's wet, so make sure you have a good pair of flip-flops.

CG

• 1 month later...

Archived