Cruise documents

mak49

I'm a first time cruiser, cruising to Alaska on August 8th on the Veendam. When can I expect my documents? Also any recent review on the Veendam would be appreciated. Thanks:)

You should get the documents a couple of weeks prior to your cruise. Haven't cruised on Veendam. Any ship to Alaska will be great. We did it on the Summit last year. Alaska is a great place to cruise. Have a great time.

You don't say whether you used a Travel Agent. If you did, chances are they already have the tickets. You might follow up and request they send them. Hope you have been to the HAL website to book excursions, if there are any that are of particular interest. You can book till up to 10 days before the cruise, just have your booking number and a credit card!

Have a great trip:):cool:

We're sailing on 8/7, Zaandam (also to AK). Our cruise documents got to our AAA agent on 6/25! Now I'm checking our immigration forms every day to see when we get our room assigned as the HAL site shows our sailing as closed in every category. I bet they'll wonder why I'm re-submitting the immigration form on a daily basis, but I couldn't figure out how else to see the stateroom number. We booked an inside guarantee and will be thrilled with anything, but I'd love to know where we'll be so I can figure out the shortest way to the Java Cafe and ice cream bar. :)

Thanks for the info. I will check with our travel agent first thing Tuesday morning. We booked all of our side trips when we booked the cruise. Can't believe how excited I am about this trip.

Archived