Dawn Aft BA Deck 10 Cabin 10730

We booked this cabin for next year. Anyone sail in it? What's the cabin and balcony like compared to the other balcony cabins? Sailed in a Mini-suite last year. We loved looking at the wake from the promenade deck, so we thought we'd give this cabin a try. Thanks.

Hi C & P :)

How are you guys doing? I see you are going back on the Dawn. She is difficult to stay away from. huh?

I sailed in that cabin for the 10 day in Feb. this year. LOVED IT!!!!!!

Liked it better then a Mini. It has a very large bal. Larger then any other of that cat. It was so great to sit out and watch the wake, not get any wind or blazing sun In Feb. it was much warmer sailing until we got south.

I booked the Star, Mex. Riv. for March next year....Aft Penthouse Suite....saw that deck 10 aft was open........changed it! Saved $$$$$ and I will be very happy with my choice. That is how much I loved it.

We took a CD player and a long cord, took it on the bal. enjoyed the view with cocktails and Jazz, heaven.

Hi Ann!

How you doing? Dave and Ruth just had a baby last week. We still stay in touch. Just got off the Voyager 9 nighter and you can see we planned out thru next year. Thanks for the info on the cabin. I'm sure we'll enjoy it. We hang out on all boards now cause we're sailing all lines. RCCL is up again next so we're over there alot and Cunard's after that but there's not too many posters over there. We'll be back here now and then so talk to you again soon.

PS Sorry for the chat everybody.

You should love that cabin. I was in it as a guest in Feb. Wanted to book it for next Feb and it was gone in March. The deck is huge. Tip your cabin steward a few $ to bring a couple of the pool lounge chairs down they will fit. The cabin is smaller then the AF but the aft BAs on deck 10 are special.

Yes they did and I am surprised Seahorse has not posted on this thread. More then likely on another cruise.

I have one picture on your balcony from our 2/5 adventure. It does not give much detail but the fact I could take the picture while standing on the balcony gives you some sense of the depth. I think we paced it off at 8'.

The picture is number 54 from our CC Adventure.

Webshots 2/5 Adventure

Hi -

We just had this cabin on star to Alaska on 6/20. Loved the balcony - I think it was about twice the depth of same class cabin balconies on the side. Balconies on the Romance Suites to our right were a bit bigger and their cabins were much bigger. The cabin itself was adequate but pretty small. I think it was smaller than the balcony cabin we had on Voyager on RCCL. The bathroom had the toilet in a little partitioned off area. My husband noted that a very "wide" person would have a problem using the toilet. The romance suites across the aft were really huge. Lots more $$$$ but we were envying them. We loved being right on the aft, too. What a view for Alaska. My brother and sister in law were in the other BA cabin right next door and we got the stewards to open the balcony dividers and that was really great. One thing I noticed, we could look down into the balconies on the 9th floor... and occasionally there was a couple who would be leaning over their balcony scantily clad.... you learn to look away. :-)

Enjoy!

Lisa D

Pittsburgh, PA

Yes they did and I am surprised Seahorse has not posted on this thread. More then likely on another cruise.

I have one picture on your balcony from our 2/5 adventure. It does not give much detail but the fact I could take the picture while standing on the balcony gives you some sense of the depth. I think we paced it off at 8'.

Webshots 2/5 Adventure

Look at third post. We sail with her last year. Nice pics BTW see Ann there. 54 didn't look like a balcony shot though.

Look at third post. We sail with her last year. Nice pics BTW see Ann there. 54 didn't look like a balcony shot though.

You are correct it is the 54th picture but shows up as Adventure 217 on page 4. Check out Bud from YMCA ! 160- 162. I really enjoyed meeting them on the Dawn. great people.

I was absolutely thrilled with the "aft" cabin we had on Carnival Legend this past year. The 'aft' experience is unique...expecially when your leaving a port. The sound of the wake is sooo peaceful at night. It's just all around the best section of any ship as far as I am concerned. :D

Webshots 2/5 Adventure[/quote

Thanks for the kind words Shoreguy. I think Bud would pay you to take that picture off the board ;) If you find my post to Chuck you will see I cancelled the Penthouse on the Star to sail that cabin again. Saved $$$$ so I can buy more Martinis ;)

Chuck we did tip the Steward to get us loungers, no porblem. We still had plenty of room. You can see down to the other balconies if they stand by their railing but no one can see down to yours. The spa is above.

Jim did go on another cruise, Celebrity, and I am glad to be comming back to NCL :)

I remember mentioning to Phyllis when we were in the spa that the balcony below was visible albeit only about a foot or two near the rail. No problem though, we don't plan on being naked out there (at least while the spa is open that is, don't want everyone to abandon ship on us LOL). That's a very nice picture BTW so why do you want it off the web? I'm trying to size a picture of us to fit an acceptable avatar here.

Actually the balcony is so large you could go in the buff ;) Just don`t go too near the railing.

I can`t figure how to do an avatar on these new boards or even how to do all of my fav icons.

Did I do the math correctly about Dave and the new baby? My, my that was a fun cruise,huh?

Hello C&P & Seahorse,

Nice to read you guys on the boards. I took my Aunt in June on Carnival Miracle to Canada. Barbara and I will be doing an 8 night Southern Caribbean on Carnival's Legend in Nov.

I did the Dawn's one night Mothers Day Cruise and took 6 other people with me that had never cruised before and they can't wait for their next vacation because it will be a cruise. It's nice when people finally experience a cruise and see for themselves why people love cruising.

Chuck next time you e-mail Dave please send my congradulations to both of them on the new baby. I'm a Grandmother for the first time my son had a boy 6 weeks ago. Boy, is it true do you ever spoil them.

Great talking to you guys, Lil

Love that new baby to death Lil, so happy for you. Nice to hear from you also. Glad to hear everything is going well for you.

First time cruiser on the Dawn, you are going to love her. She has one of the highest repeat cruisers. That tells you a lot. If you have any questions fire away. I sailed on her for 1 7 night night and 1 10 night

Hi C&P & Seahorse,

Thanks for the grats.

Have either of you done Alaska? I just decided to plan a cruise to Alaska for early 2005 summer and there are so many ships I don't know where to start any suggestions?

I miss the e-mail notification on this board I hope they fix it soon.

Take care

Lil

Hi Chuck,

I am actually considering NCL either the Spirit or Star. I like the fact I can get non-stop air out of EWR to Seattle. I checked air and for May of 2005 it priced at $303 pp but where looking at June before kids get out.

My e-mail address is lilkrz@yahoo.com please let me know how your friend likes the Spirit.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Archived