Departing in Seward, where to fly into?

MINIjen

We're hoping to be on a SB cruise with RCCL, which departs from Seward. Where is the best place to fly into and how do we get to the port from there?

The airfare quote from RCCL is over $1000, so I'm trying to see if i can find a cheaper option.

Thanks!

Jen

The airfare quote from RCCL is over $1000, so I'm trying to see if i can find a cheaper option.

Thanks!

Jen

Is that for 2 people and where from? Airfares in and out of here have gone out of this world. Just went to Boise and it was over $600 and then for October going to Miami it costs me $662 and I had put off from $622 because I thought it would go down and all it was doing is going up, 4 times before I booked.

Just read about a good site called http://www.farecompare.com and it will show you what people have been getting from city to city.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Thanks for the info!

We'll be flying out of San Francisco. The $1100 is total for two people, and includes our flights & transportion to Seward, and our flight from Vancouver, back to SF.

Thanks for the info!

We'll be flying out of San Francisco. The $1100 is total for two people, and includes our flights & transportion to Seward, and our flight from Vancouver, back to SF.

I am all for one-ways, but I also like Princess's 10-day roundtrip cruise out of San Francisco. Did you look into that?

Definately look at booking this on your own. Use the "multi city" option on booking sites. I also am suggesting to you to at the very least, arrive 2 days early. Sailing out of Seward offers you one of the best touring opportunities that is a don't miss. Kenai Fjords boat tours- superior for varied wildlife and glacier viewing.

Factor in at least 3 hours for the Anchorage /Seward transfer. The Alaska

RR is superior for scenery and my last choice would be by bus. Only one rental car option- Hertz. Figure- how often are you going to travel to Alaska??? Take advantage of being all the way there. :)

Archived