Fort Lauderdale Grocery Run?

daddy03

We are off to our first cruise with 3 kids in tow. We are taking the Princess bus from Fort LAuderdale airport to the ship and should arrive around 2:00 or so.

Anyone know of grocery and/or wine stores in the immediate area? Is it possible to get on the ship, settle in the family, get back off and do a grocery /wine run and get back on the ship in time?

We are off to our first cruise with 3 kids in tow. We are taking the Princess bus from Fort LAuderdale airport to the ship and should arrive around 2:00 or so.

Anyone know of grocery and/or wine stores in the immediate area? Is it possible to get on the ship, settle in the family, get back off and do a grocery /wine run and get back on the ship in time?

I wouldn't even attempt to get off the ship after I've checked in, especially after 2pm. Best thing you could do is forgo the Princess Shuttle, grab a cab at the airport and proceed to 17th Street Publix Supermarket, (5 minutes from FLL) the cab can wait for you while you do your grocery/wine run and then continue on with the 5 minute ride to Port Everglades. ;)

There are no options within walking distance of your ship. However, I don't see a problem with going to the ship and then taking a taxi to the previously mentioned PUBLIX. There will be dozens of taxis pulling up with passengers and one would be thrilled to have a fare going out of the pier at that time, I would think. Not sure what the taxi fare rules are in FTL but you could try negotiating a flat fare with a driver to take you to the store, give you 15-minutes and then take you back to the ship.

PUBLIX does carry beer and wine.

Visit http://www.publix.com for store locations.

BobK/Orlando

Archived